Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
zxcvbob

Default Installed a subpanel!

Ignoramus27473 wrote:
A few days ago I asked a few questions about installing a subpanel in
my garage. I am done with this job. I used 8 gauge THHN wires, 3/4"
conduit, little corner thingys, and ready made bent elbows.

The subpanel is HomeLine. I used a HomeLine 60A breaker on the main
panel (which has all other breakers by Gould), and have the following
breakers on the subpanel:

50A 220V (this is 30A now because I bought 30A by mistake, but I will
replace it with a 50A asap).
20A 220V
20A 110V
20A 110V

I have not yet installed the outlets.

I had a father of my friend visit today, he is a professional
electrician. He okayed my work.

I am going to return my kerosene heater to HD and install a 220V 4.5
kW heater in my garage.

Also, one of the reasons why I did all this is that I have a 2.2HP
compressor (harbr freight), which tripped the breaker when it ran with
other tools. Now it will have its own circuit.

I might install an air line from the garage toi the basement, to have
air in my basement workshop. It should not be difficult.

With a 60A breaker, your hot wires should be 6 gauge, not 8. You said
previously that you had already bought the #6 wire, so hopefully you
just mistyped it above.

Other than that, it sounds OK.

I like using 1/2" copper pipe for compressed air, although galvanized is
traditional. Don't use PVC for compressed air.

Best regards,
Bob