frank1492

Default Need Boiler Reco

Could someone kindly recommend a good boiler for a residence?
(Hot water baseboard.) Looking for high reliability, and willing to
sacrifice some efficiency for greater reliability, if that makes
sense.
Help very much appreciated. Thanks.
Frank
Dr. Hardcrab

"frank1492" wrote

Could someone kindly recommend a good boiler for a residence?
(Hot water baseboard.) Looking for high reliability, and willing to
sacrifice some efficiency for greater reliability, if that makes
sense.
Help very much appreciated. Thanks.
Frank

As with ANY installation, the brand is only as good as the installer. Get 3
different contractors to give you a QUOTE (not an estimate) and go from
there. Ask your friends and neighbors who they would use OR what brand THEY
have and whether or not they are happy with it.

I could name some brands that I have installed:

Weil McLain
Burnham
Columbia
Trianco
Buderus
Vaillant

If it were my house: If I had the money - Buderus. If I wanted a real
workhorse - Weil McLain.

Again, those are just the ones that I have installed and it's not fair to
the other brands. YMMV

Saml

Weil McClain

Best I ever had, so far.

Baseboard Heat.

Beach House aprox. 80-90 years old.

Very little Maintenance, so far.

Boiler in place over 10 years.

Newer ones may be better, but the one I have, I am satisfied with.

Sam

"frank1492" wrote in message
Could someone kindly recommend a good boiler for a residence?
(Hot water baseboard.) Looking for high reliability, and willing to
sacrifice some efficiency for greater reliability, if that makes
sense.
Help very much appreciated. Thanks.
Frank

Noisy banging boiler what is the cause? Tim UK diy 8 November 3rd 04 09:36 PM
Boiler TP valve problems? Linc Vannah Home Repair 9 May 8th 04 02:20 AM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM
Boiler kettling? David Hearn UK diy 5 January 1st 04 07:47 PM
Another heating problem question! David Hearn UK diy 9 December 12th 03 08:29 PM