Boots

Default Table Saw question

Can anyone tell me the power of the motor on the old
craftsmen 10" saw was? I have the saw but it is missing the
motor. I think it was 1hp 3450 rpm but I am not sure

willshak

On 1/7/2005 5:05 PM US(ET), Boots took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

Can anyone tell me the power of the motor on the old
craftsmen 10" saw was? I have the saw but it is missing the
motor. I think it was 1hp 3450 rpm but I am not sure

This is best asked in the rec.woodworking group. Since 'old craftsman
10" saw' could be any of a number of models with different sized motors,
post the model number. Even with the model number, you can probably go
to the Sears parts site and look it up yourself.
http://www3.sears.com/

--
Bill
toller

That is what the original motor was on my old craftsman saw. It was
replaced with a 2HP.

Greg

Can anyone tell me the power of the motor on the old
craftsmen 10" saw was? I have the saw but it is missing the
motor. I think it was 1hp 3450 rpm but I am not sure

I have a 30 year old 10" Crapsman and it calls itself 2HP. I bet sears has the
motor on their web site. You need the model number from the plate.
Joe Bobst

missing the motor. I think it was 1hp 3450 rpm but I am not sure

Might be a clue in the pulley size of the saw. If it is relatively small, say 1
1/2-2" then the motor pulley would be larger to spin the saw blade at around
3400 RPM and the motor would therefore be 1750 RPM. A larger pulley would need
the same size on the motor at 3450 RPM. HTH

Joe

Phisherman

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 16:05:40 -0600, "Boots" wrote:

Can anyone tell me the power of the motor on the old
craftsmen 10" saw was? I have the saw but it is missing the
motor. I think it was 1hp 3450 rpm but I am not sure

Most table saws use a 10" blade. If it's a benchtop or contractor,
it's probably a 1 HP. Cabinet saws are typically 3 HP, with a few 5
HP. Sears has excellent customer service, although not necessarily
excellent tools. Browse www.sears.com . If it uses a 1 HP,
consider upgrading to a 1.5 HP if your circuit can handle it.