Default Kenmore Dryer

I have a Kenmore Dryer that I had to replace the motor in. I bought a
new motor off eBay, replaced it (the motor looked identical and the
model/part numbers matched - motor part #279827) and put the dryer back
together. Thought everything worked fine as soon as I hit the START
button it fired up, but for some reason with this new motor as soon as
you release the START button the dryer stops. I'm pretty sure its not
the Heat Control/Timer as what are the odds of the motor and the timer
going at the same time? Any ideas?

Matt

I guess a bad heat thermistor.

Matt

HAHAAHAHH

I just noticed I posted a link to Jeff's own website.....

http://www.applianceaid.com/evenheat.html
Zowie.

Sorry bout that, Jeff.

Matt wrote:
HAHAAHAHH

I just noticed I posted a link to Jeff's own website.....

http://www.applianceaid.com/evenheat.html
Zowie.

Sorry bout that, Jeff.

Thanks for all the replies. The dryer wouldn't work and I tested all
the fuses/thermal cutoffs but an article on Bob Villa.com said a motor
should have high resistance. This motor had no resistance so I thought
it was the motor burnt out and shorting. Replaced it and it still
didn't work - turned out bad wiring in the socket of the house was to
blame and there was nothing wrong with the original motor after all
(guess not all motors have high resistance?). I had already purchased a
new non-refundable motor off eBay so decided to keep it in the dryer
(new lease of life) and keep the old motor as a spare (it was only
$35).

Turns out I figured out the problem too. The wiring block onto the side
of the motor faces down at a 45 degree angle. When I clipped the wiring
block to the new motor, one of the terminals must not have been lined
up properly, and instead of going into the wiring block it bent down,
not touching. Because of the downward angle I didn't see/notice this
had happened. Once I removed the motor from the dryer for the second
time I noticed the bent terminal, straightened it, reassambled and
everything works great now!

Appliance Repair Aid

Matt wrote:
[...]

Thankx for the update, should help others!
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/