DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT - Trojan Horse and other Viruses (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/84477-ot-trojan-horse-other-viruses.html)

Steve January 3rd 05 04:08 AM

OT - Trojan Horse and other Viruses

Can somebody explain to me why all these messages being sent
that contain viruses cannot be tracked down to the guilty party
and be prosecuted. Is it that none of the services care????

Dr,Bob January 3rd 05 05:12 AM

report it to your ISP & the ISP of the sender they should follow up on it

[email protected] January 3rd 05 06:58 AM

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 04:08:03 GMT, Steve wrote:

Can somebody explain to me why all these messages being sent
that contain viruses cannot be tracked down to the guilty party
and be prosecuted. Is it that none of the services care????

imho:

First, the orginal infector(the one who did it intentionally) probly
spoofed the headers.

Second, the later posts are probly people who don't know what an
anti-virus program is, or to not click on unknow links. So they are
just boobs.

You will not get the orignial infector, since it's like looking for a
needle in a big pile of needles.

later,

tom @ www.ChopURL.com

Al Bundy January 3rd 05 12:53 PM

wrote:
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 04:08:03 GMT, Steve wrote:

"You will not get the orignial infector, since it's like looking for a
needle in a big pile of needles."

Finding the orignial(sic) infector must be much easier than finding the
original, which is like finding a needle in a haystack.

xrongor January 3rd 05 01:41 PM

"Al Bundy" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 04:08:03 GMT, Steve wrote:

"You will not get the orignial infector, since it's like looking for a
needle in a big pile of needles."

Finding the orignial(sic) infector must be much easier than finding the
original, which is like finding a needle in a haystack.

according to 'mythbusters' finding needles in haystacks takes about 8 hours.
and that was with the first iterations of the machine. should one wish to
improve and build a properly sized machine it would only take about 5-10
minutes.

randy

Steve January 3rd 05 06:14 PM

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 01:58:11 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 04:08:03 GMT, Steve wrote:

Can somebody explain to me why all these messages being sent
that contain viruses cannot be tracked down to the guilty party
and be prosecuted. Is it that none of the services care????

imho:

First, the orginal infector(the one who did it intentionally) probly
spoofed the headers.

Second, the later posts are probly people who don't know what an
anti-virus program is, or to not click on unknow links. So they are
just boobs.

You will not get the orignial infector, since it's like looking for a
needle in a big pile of needles.

later,

tom @
www.ChopURL.com

If the original infector is long gone how do we keep seeing different
headers.