kirk Wilson

Default Danvid window seal failure

I have a 6 year old house and the seals on the majority of my double
pain windows have failed twice(3 years ago & again now). Danvid has no
explination as to why I am having these problems. They sugested
upgrading to low e windows because they are better windows. I don't
want to do anything until I determine the failure mode for my windows.
Any ideas?

Kirk
MUADIB®

I have a 6 year old house and the seals on the majority of my double
pain windows have failed twice(3 years ago & again now). Danvid has no
explination as to why I am having these problems. They sugested
upgrading to low e windows because they are better windows. I don't
want to do anything until I determine the failure mode for my windows.
Any ideas?

Kirk

Likelihood of reason for the moisture between the panes is the seal
was never very good to begin with..........There may be new stuff out
there nowadays, but I bet the standard is the same old stuff. There is
supposed to be a dessicant inside the square tubular frame that
seperates the glass. It is possible that they are not using good
dessicant. There is a possiblility that they don;t know why it's
happneing due to quality control issues.

Kirk, I once worked *with* the Danvid folks here in Dallas
( Carrollton actually) and even 17 years ago they were employing the
cheapest help they could get. This could be a reason for the poor
quality/workmanship you are experiencing. I was sent there by my
company at the time, to learn how to replace the insulated glass. I
learned much more...............but not much of use in my current life
and times.( Although I did learn where a good source of aluminum scrap
was that was free for the taking any day of any week, if you wanna
sift through the glass.................and can beat the mexicans that
work there to it!)

You could try and find a different company to build the replacement
glass for your windows. Likely with little difference in results. It
is one of those industries that is high in quantity of low quality
employees.....................They are currently building just around
the corner from my current work place also. Still occupying their old
place too.................at least part of it.

I am not aware of any other area where they operate, as I haven't
dealt with them in so many years. However, Driving by the "factory"
( and I use that term loosely,..............very loosely) it appears
that they are still using all of the same old habits they always did.
Almost anyone can build a window if you buy some extrusions of your
choice, and assemble them and cut some glass, and put a seperator in
between them (and some muntin if you wish) and spread Liquid butyl all
around the edges.................and let it dry and then cut all the
excess off and ..................well, I bet you're startin' to get my
opinion.

If you are local to the Dallas Area, I can Do some conatct and find
out a small shop that builds good replacement glass for ya. I still
know people from the old stompin' grounds.

Email me if you can figure out the ant-spam measures and I'll see what
I can do fi local.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUADIB®
[...]

"

If yo are still on this frum I would love to know what you think of the J & M Glass Company in Dallas. www.thermalwindowsdfw.com. Also what is your opinion between double pane low E glass with argon and just attmepting to either replace the sealks on windows or add sealing strip as to which is better.

Thanks
Galen in Allen
6/16/07
Galen