MilkyWhy

Default Hammer & Nails

I had a portion of roof patched last week. Couple GenX druggies showed up all
set to blast ****** music while they shot staples with gun. I told em to turn
all that **** off and use hammer and nails. They packed their truck and git. I
got my neighbor and we replaced a couple pieces plywood, tar paper, and roofing
myself. Took me a total of 2 hours. No power saw needed, no air staple gun
****, just hammer and nails.
Joseph Meehan

MilkyWhy wrote:
I had a portion of roof patched last week. Couple GenX druggies
showed up all set to blast ****** music while they shot staples with
gun. I told em to turn all that **** off and use hammer and nails.
They packed their truck and git. I got my neighbor and we replaced a
couple pieces plywood, tar paper, and roofing myself. Took me a total
of 2 hours. No power saw needed, no air staple gun ****, just hammer
and nails.

So what are you saying? You were a fool to hire druggies, or that you
could have done the job yourself and tried to hire someone anyway?

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Joseph Meehan

William Deans wrote:
Greetings,

Based on MilkyWhy's post (although admittedly slightly incoherent) I
don't think he knew they were going to be druggies. He tried to hire
someone else-- probably because the job took two people or some other
reason of convenience. MilkyWhy didn't like his workers and couldn't
stand to watch them perform a bad job (MilkyWhy's opinion). He ended
up doing the job himself, the right way, with a little help from his
neighbor.

Hope this helps,

William

Frankly my take of Milky was that he is just a troll.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
MilkyWhy wrote:
I had a portion of roof patched last week. Couple GenX druggies
showed up all set to blast ****** music while they shot staples with
gun. I told em to turn all that **** off and use hammer and nails.
They packed their truck and git. I got my neighbor and we replaced a
couple pieces plywood, tar paper, and roofing myself. Took me a
total of 2 hours. No power saw needed, no air staple gun ****, just
hammer and nails.

So what are you saying? You were a fool to hire druggies, or
that you could have done the job yourself and tried to hire someone
anyway?

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Eddie Dice

"William Deans" wrote in message
news:1104082777.0c041120ac7c5898d02e7608c9b09d7a@t eranews...
Greetings,

Based on MilkyWhy's post (although admittedly slightly incoherent) I don't
think he knew they were going to be druggies. He tried to hire someone
else-- probably because the job took two people or some other reason of
convenience. MilkyWhy didn't like his workers and couldn't stand to watch
them perform a bad job (MilkyWhy's opinion). He ended up doing the job
himself, the right way, with a little help from his neighbor.

Hope this helps,

William

You've been trolled by MW. Read the post again, and you'll figure it out.
Hint: "music while they shot staples with gun." Which means, they already
had the roof tore off, and were installing either the plywood or possibly
the shingles.

Me thinks MW needs their daily dose of meds.

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 17:53:12 GMT, "Eddie Dice"
wrote:

[...]

No, they were plinking boxes of staples on his roof. Very dangerious.
:-P

Me thinks MW needs their daily dose of meds.

Yeah.....

later,

tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com

William Deans

Greetings,

He says they "showed up all set to" ... "music while they shot staples with
gun". He doesn't say they actually got around to using a single staple.

Hope this helps,
William

PS: All the same it is probably a troll.

wrote:

[...]

Eddie Dice

"William Deans" wrote in message
Greetings,

He says they "showed up all set to" ... "music while they shot staples

with
gun". He doesn't say they actually got around to using a single staple.

Hope this helps,
William

PS: All the same it is probably a troll.

Agree MW is a troll. But, you don't get your compressor,hoses, and guns out
until the roof material is off. It would be like putting the cart b/4 the
horse.

Hope this helps.
Eddie

Andy

Andy adds:

I have read this thread.

I'm glad the initial poster did what was
necessary to get his roof repaired and saved
himself a couple of bucks.

I think he could put those saved dollars
to good use by considering colonic irrigation....
Andy

Roger Shoaf

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...

I think he could put those saved dollars
to good use by considering colonic irrigation....
Andy

By them fellers with the staple gun.

--

Roger Shoaf