barry martin

Default Frosts and ice on the win

C.W.:

C[ In winter... From inside of the house, my windows (bottom half) got a lot
C[ of frosts and actually ice at bottom which are big enough to put in my coke

C[ no kidding. How can I prevent water from condensing? I know it's due to
C[ temperature difference between heat vs cold temp out there.. but is there
C[ any solution? Do those transparent windows sealing kit from Home Depot
C[ help? cos that stuff adds additional layer of air.. any suggetions?

Part of the problem is the humidity is too high -- I used to have a
similar problem when I lived in an apartment and boiled water for
spaghetti, coffee/tea, etc. Wouldn't get "ice cubes" like you do but
a film of ice.

Another part of the problem may be the windows themselves. Are the
old, single pane, or perhaps double-pane but cracked? Budget yourself
for replacement windows in the spring.

As for the window insulation kit, I've seen some window frames damaged
because of adhesive residue. This was 15-20 years ago.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* 1% Law: 1% of population falls into the bottom percentile
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *