DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Repair chrome top? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/81044-repair-chrome-top.html)

m Ransley December 12th 04 08:15 AM

Get a new ccok top.

Uriah Heep December 12th 04 09:57 AM

Repair chrome top?

I made the mistake of leaving a spill of key lime juice on a chrome
stove top. later when I cleaned it up I found that the juice had
eaten through the chrome and pitted the base metal (irregular 6 in.
circle). Is this repairable or is it time to call Ge (15 year old
unit) or start calling the junk/used places around town?
stan

Joe Bobst December 12th 04 07:26 PM

Get a new ccok top

A new COOK top would be even better...

Joe

Walter R. December 13th 04 04:34 AM

sometimes it is possible to camouflage a spoiled area with something like
decorative ceramic tile or decorative magnets or whatever. Use a little
imagination. "It's supposed to look that way". Maybe it will even look
better than before.

--

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

[email protected] December 13th 04 05:06 PM

See if you can get a replacement made of stainless steel.