Default Pressure washer brands -- which one to choose?

Has anybody had any experience with the Karcher, Simoniz, Craftsman,
Husky or Campbell Haufeld power washers?

I'm getting one as a gift for my father, but I'm not sure what to buy.
Anything over 1750 psi costs at least $300 here in Canada, so I was
thinking about getting a new one on ebay -- which means it proably
won't come with a warranty.

Is this a bad idea? Is one brand significantly better than another?
Thanks again for the insight!

m Ransley

Buying without a warranty is not the best idea since all those are
cheaply made. I blew out 2 generac electric in 1 day. Simonise, they
make car wax so that is awhatever from likely china were alot of crap is
made. Karcher and Cambel Housefield may be the best. Buy local so if
there is a problem you just exchange it

Martik

wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anybody had any experience with the Karcher, Simoniz, Craftsman,
Husky or Campbell Haufeld power washers?

I'm getting one as a gift for my father, but I'm not sure what to buy.
Anything over 1750 psi costs at least $300 here in Canada, so I was
thinking about getting a new one on ebay -- which means it proably
won't come with a warranty.

Is this a bad idea? Is one brand significantly better than another?
Thanks again for the insight!

I purchased a Karcher electric 13 years ago and it still works as new. Don't
just look at PSI. my karcher is only 950psi but flows at 2.2GPM. Many of the
new 'high' psi models have very low flow rates. Unless you have a very large
area to clean the electric models are more convenient to use.

m Ransley

My friend has a 10 yr old Karcher, uses it every week or so, finaly the
switch broke, so he bypassed it it still is fine. My 3 yr old Karcher
unit works, But I burnt out 2 generac cheapies in 4 hrs first before I
got it.

R.Smyth

Don't buy a Karcher, They are absolute crapola!
Among other things, the switch burns out and replacing it is neither simple
nor cheap.
I replaced mine with one that Canadian Tire had on sale last spring. It
doesn't have quite as much power but it still works very well. (Sorry, I
forget the brand and it's down in the basement.)
I'm told Simoniz is just as bad as Karcher.A lady who repairs them (as well
as snowblowers and such) tells me that most of the home units are designed
to last only for a limited amount of time. So far, mine is fine and I used
it a last spring and summer.
The main problem I have with any PW is the way everything gets tangled up.
They have a supply hose, an electric wire and the pressure hose and they get
all twisted up to-gether. Somebody should come up with a design that keeps
everything separated.
ds

..

wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anybody had any experience with the Karcher, Simoniz, Craftsman,
Husky or Campbell Haufeld power washers?

I'm getting one as a gift for my father, but I'm not sure what to buy.
Anything over 1750 psi costs at least $300 here in Canada, so I was
thinking about getting a new one on ebay -- which means it proably
won't come with a warranty.

Is this a bad idea? Is one brand significantly better than another?
Thanks again for the insight!

Oscar_Lives

"R.Smyth" wrote in message

The main problem I have with any PW is the way everything gets tangled up.
They have a supply hose, an electric wire and the pressure hose and they
get all twisted up to-gether. Somebody should come up with a design that
keeps everything separated.

Try using an "Offspring" pressure washer. Those folks well know that "You
Gotta Keep 'em Separated"...

m Ransley

Martik your Karcher is 3 times heavier becaudse it is well built to
last, unlike most cheap china stuff. Rotating nozzles can be good for
certain jobs, I dont notice much difference