Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
fermat

Default Electric furnace fuse problem

Hello hvac pros

My 30 yr old home electric furnace (Amana) has recently had an
electical "fuse board" failure. The board burned completely through (an
area about 1.5 inches sq) under fuse holders in 2 places. One 60 Amp
fuses did blow. And it's getting cold in my house right now.

Now I want/need to replace the fuse circuit board myself. I don't care
or worry about getting electrocuted :-) I shut off the power to it and
I already removed the bad one. But, I am having difficulty finding a
replacement part for it. I called several local Hvac shops here in
Phoenix (A/C dealer and repair heaven) but they won't sell me a part or
even tell me where to get one. They even suggest buying a whole new
furnace and A/C system! I've search the web and I can't find a part
there either, I can't even find the bad-board part number. But the
furnace model number is EFL 2070-1A. Can someone help me out? Tell me
where I can get a part? Or a substitute for the original part?
Thanks guys