Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Home best to connect a generator, HELP !!

I am 70 years old and have a bad heart condition, last year I had
over 11 days of no power and had to live in my home with nothing
but a fireplace and a sleeping bag. Now I have purchased a 2.5kw
diesel powered generator but I can't get anyone to tell how best to
connect it to the furnace.
I want to disconnect the furnace at the circuit breaker and put a
romex cable of 14/2 at the output of the breaker and connect it to a
cable from the generator.
But no one wants to let me know if this will work and if there would
be any possible problems. Can some one let me know if they have
tried this and had any adverse problems.
Thanks for any answers, you can answer me by E-Mail.