blueman

Default Residential vs. Commercial quality Leviton outlets...

- For home wiring, is it worth spending the extra couple of bucks per
outlet for commercial grade vs. standard residential grade?
- Have any people had quality or durability problems with genuine
Leviton residential-grade outlets?

(especially, since when paying an electrician the labor cost far
outweighs the material cost)
Joseph Meehan

blueman wrote:
- For home wiring, is it worth spending the extra couple of bucks per
outlet for commercial grade vs. standard residential grade?
- Have any people had quality or durability problems with genuine
Leviton residential-grade outlets?

(especially, since when paying an electrician the labor cost far
outweighs the material cost)

In my opinion it is worth the difference. As you noted the labor cost
is the large part of the cost. The total cost difference for a home is not
worth considering.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Pop

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
| blueman wrote:
| - For home wiring, is it worth spending the extra couple of
bucks per
| outlet for commercial grade vs. standard residential grade?
| - Have any people had quality or durability problems with
genuine
| Leviton residential-grade outlets?
|
| (especially, since when paying an electrician the labor cost
far
| outweighs the material cost)
|
| In my opinion it is worth the difference. As you noted the
labor cost
| is the large part of the cost. The total cost difference for a
home is not
| worth considering.
|

| --
| Joseph Meehan
|
| 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

I agree with that, except the little ladies can sometimes think
the plugs are bad, especially while they're new and so hard to
get a plug into g. I switched the countertop ones to cheapies;
never plugged/unplugged much anyway.

Pop

SQLit

"blueman" wrote in message
- For home wiring, is it worth spending the extra couple of bucks per
outlet for commercial grade vs. standard residential grade?
- Have any people had quality or durability problems with genuine
Leviton residential-grade outlets?

(especially, since when paying an electrician the labor cost far
outweighs the material cost)

I would for anywhere I was inserting and removing an plug frequently,garage,
work area, etc. Anywhere else, not in my opinion. The residential grade
recpt work just fine for most of the homes in the US. I have only seen an
handful that went bad in 30+ years of electrical work. By far most of the
damaged recpts I have seen were from abuse and or pulling out plugs by the
cord.
Your home, your call.

HeatMan

\|||/
(o o)
,----ooO--(_)-------.
| Please |
| don't feed the |
| TROLL's ! |
'--------------Ooo--'
|__|__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

Now, how does that feel.

We get your point about your opinion of Tekkie. Let it drop...

Bob

"Bill" wrote in message
If it is for my house, *all* commercial grade.

If it is for another persons house, cheapest I can buy.

Remind me not to hire you.

Bob

PrecisionMachinisT

"blueman" wrote in message

- For home wiring, is it worth spending the extra couple of bucks per
outlet for commercial grade vs. standard residential grade?

Maybe.....

- Have any people had quality or durability problems with genuine
Leviton residential-grade outlets?

Yes.

(especially, since when paying an electrician the labor cost far
outweighs the material cost)

That don't figure into the equation for me--so far, I've never hired an
electrician ........

====

Rather, it *is* beginning to appear you are perhaps incapable of making even
a single intelligent decision without going to usenet without getting
opinions from others.

Else simply a troll........

--

SVL

blueman

"HeatMan" writes:
\|||/
(o o)
,----ooO--(_)-------.
| Please |
| don't feed the |
| TROLL's ! |
'--------------Ooo--'
|__|__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

Now, how does that feel.

We get your point about your opinion of Tekkie. Let it drop...

If you noticed, I only posted this in response to specific posts where
Tekkie responded to a legitimate alt.home.repair with ranting
ad-hominem blather -- it is considered legitimate netiquette to post
"troll warnings" in response to such posts. For the rare occassion
when he has posted relevant or helpful comments, I have not done so...
Tekkie

blueman posted for all of us....

"HeatMan" writes:
\|||/
(o o)
,----ooO--(_)-------.
| Please |
| don't feed the |
| JERKY's ! |
'--------------Ooo--'
|__|__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

Now, how does that feel.

We get your point about your opinion of Tekkie. Let it drop...

If you noticed, I only posted this in response to specific posts where
Tekkie responded to a legitimate alt.home.repair with ranting
ad-hominem blather -- it is considered legitimate netiquette to post
"troll warnings" in response to such posts. For the rare occassion
when he has posted relevant or helpful comments, I have not done so...

Hey jerky what would you know about netiquette? you don't ever research
anything.

i am glad to see you are back on your meds and more in control. It looks
like my job may almost be done.
--
Tekkie

blueman

Another off-topic content-less post from Tekkie, the supreme Troll...

\|||/
(o o)
| Please |
| don't feed the |