Linda

Default Baseboard heater repair

I have four baseboard heaters side by side running down the length of
my living room. Three of them don't work. Where do I start to look
for the problem and do I need an electrician? I would appreciate any
feedback.
PrecisionMachinisT

"Linda" wrote in message
om...
I have four baseboard heaters side by side running down the length of
my living room. Three of them don't work. Where do I start to look
for the problem and do I need an electrician? I would appreciate any
feedback.

You just need someone who owns a multimeter and knows how to use it is all.

An electrician would be someone who most probaly would fit the bill.

--

SVL

Red Neckerson

"Linda" wrote

I have four baseboard heaters side by side running down the length of
my living room. Three of them don't work. Where do I start to look
for the problem

The Yellow Pages

RBM

Linda, your average electric baseboard heater is 250 watts per foot. If
you've got four sections, in tandem across the wall, chances are they are
being controlled by electric heat relays, usually mounted at the service
panel and this is where I'd look for a problem, but this is a little
complicated so I'd do what the others recommend and call a pro

add "1" after mottola to email
"Linda" wrote in message
om...
I have four baseboard heaters side by side running down the length of
my living room. Three of them don't work. Where do I start to look
for the problem and do I need an electrician? I would appreciate any
feedback.

indago

041126 0118 - Linda posted:

I have four baseboard heaters side by side running down the length of
my living room. Three of them don't work. Where do I start to look
for the problem and do I need an electrician? I would appreciate any
feedback.

Are they all supposed to work from one thermostat or do they each have
separate thermostats mounted in the units?

Linda

indago wrote in message ...
041126 0118 - Linda posted:

I have four baseboard heaters side by side running down the length of
my living room. Three of them don't work. Where do I start to look
for the problem and do I need an electrician? I would appreciate any
feedback.

Are they all supposed to work from one thermostat or do they each have
separate thermostats mounted in the units?

They all work from the from the same thermostat...

indago

041126 1923 - Linda posted:

indago wrote in message
041126 0118 - Linda posted:

I have four baseboard heaters side by side running down the length of
my living room. Three of them don't work. Where do I start to look
for the problem and do I need an electrician? I would appreciate any
feedback.

Are they all supposed to work from one thermostat or do they each have
separate thermostats mounted in the units?

They all work from the from the same thermostat...

Is the thermostat on the wall or on one of the units?

Linda

indago wrote in message ...
041126 1923 - Linda posted:

indago wrote in message
041126 0118 - Linda posted:

I have four baseboard heaters side by side running down the length of
my living room. Three of them don't work. Where do I start to look
for the problem and do I need an electrician? I would appreciate any
feedback.

Are they all supposed to work from one thermostat or do they each have
separate thermostats mounted in the units?

They all work from the from the same thermostat...

Is the thermostat on the wall or on one of the units?

It's on the wall opposite from the heaters with a little dial