Robert MacKinnon

Default Q: about tankless water heater controls

I'm contracting to have my storage tank water heater replaced with a Rinnai
tankless system. I have a question for those who already have a tankless
water heater.

There is a wired electronic remote control for the Rinnai unit that sets the
outgoing water temperature. Generally, on my storage tank system, I set the
water temperature with a control on the tank and leave it. On the tankless
and being a remote control unit, I thought I should install the remote in
the kitchen. That way, I thought I could set the water temperature at the
time of use according to my needs for hot water. But, not being familiar
with this new system, I don't know whether this is a valid assumption.

For those who have tankless systems, do you set and reset the temperature of
the outgoing water on a regular basis or do you set it and forget it like a
tank system?

m Ransley

I reset mine as water temp drops in winter, and raise in summer