meirman

Default holes next to the house walls.

I have a lot of animal holes next to the walls of my house. Can these
animals do any damage with their holes, or should I leave the holes
be? I think some are vacant.

Is there some way to distinguish the rabbit, squirrel, and chipmunk
holes from others (rats? moles? (I don't think I have moles. I've
seen 2 rats in 20 years, but they probably come straight from the
nearby sanitary sewer manhole.)

I like rabbits, squirrels and chipmunks, and unless they really do
harm with holes, I'd rather leave them alone.

I have cinder block foundation walls. Except in one corner where I
had allowed the close end of the downspout cement channel to tip
backwards towards the house, the basement never gets wet from water
seeping in. And if there is some other kind of water, like a split
washing machine hose, it dries very quickly. (Usually 4 to 12 hours,
if I suck up any large amounts.)

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.
m Ransley

Holes in cinderblock? If your house ever burns down and chewed wires
are found to be the cause you won`t like them anymore.

Greg

Rabbits will live in a shallow hole next to a wall. You may even see baby
rabbits in there but they can be hard to see because mom will cover them with
grass or leaves. My wife turns them up occasionally when she is weeding.
Dan

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:46:19 -0500, meirman
wrote:

[...]

I like rabbits and squirrels, never ate a chipmunk though!

Dan

Muff

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"NavyMan" able @hotmail.com wrote in message
.. .
Ever eat a beaver?

Yes often.
Muff

Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
Installing a plastic DPC in a Victorian house with brick cavity walls. Jake UK diy 12 November 13th 04 01:58 AM
Mayhem! Horror stories of house building and buying Ablang Home Ownership 2 November 3rd 03 06:56 PM
House Moisture JAG Home Repair 6 August 29th 03 06:53 PM
may have sold our house (St. Joseph played a role) rosie readandpost Home Ownership 5 July 31st 03 07:50 PM