BSAKing

Default Stained oak parquet flooring

I have some oak parquet flooring that had some water soak onto it and it caused some dark stains in some areas. I seem to recollect reading at some time a remedy involving bleach(? maybe) and somehow soaking it, but I do not remember the exact formula or process.

Does anyone happen to remember this fix?

TIA.
Charles Spitzer

"BSAKing" wrote in message
I have some oak parquet flooring that had some water soak onto it and it
caused some dark stains in some areas. I seem to recollect reading at some
time a remedy involving bleach(? maybe) and somehow soaking it, but I do not
remember the exact formula or process.

Does anyone happen to remember this fix?

TIA.

oxalic acid, not bleach. you can get it in home depot in the paint
department, or it is the main (only?) ingrediant in barkeepers friend, a
cleaning supply.

Charles Spitzer

"BSAKing" wrote in message
I have some oak parquet flooring that had some water soak onto it and it
caused some dark stains in some areas. I seem to recollect reading at some
time a remedy involving bleach(? maybe) and somehow soaking it, but I do not
remember the exact formula or process.

Does anyone happen to remember this fix?

TIA.

oxalic acid, not bleach. you can get it in home depot in the paint
department, or it is the main (only?) ingrediant in barkeepers friend, a
cleaning supply.

it's a powder. you make a paste of it and apply to the area of floor, and remove when it is faded enough.

Oak parquet flooring Amt UK diy 1 April 9th 04 06:18 PM
Parquet flooring AJ's Daddy Home Repair 0 December 23rd 03 12:47 PM
Parquet flooring pro's needed Jim Mc Namara Home Repair 3 September 6th 03 10:47 PM
Parquet flooring problem Jim Mc Namara Woodworking 11 September 3rd 03 03:53 PM
Flooring question: parquet over linoleum Oneguy Home Repair 0 July 8th 03 05:38 PM