bl

Default dual oven - lower won't hear

Mr. Fixits:

I've got a GE Profile dual wall oven, about 5 years old.

model #JT950S0A1SS
serial #FV6 72054Q

The lower oven quit working. Neither the broiler nor baking elements
will heat. The light in the lower oven works.

The upper oven works fine.

I've tried turning it on with the bake, broil, and self-clean buttons.
No heat.

I've reset it by turning the power off at the breaker.

There are no error codes displayed on the controller.

The upper oven works fine.

Any way to run a self check on the controller?

In your experience, should I suspect the controller or the wiring?

Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks!

- Bryan

Dave Harnish

Hi Bryan,

I'd first power it down, pull the bake element partway
out, power it back up and check for 240V at the bake
el terminals when you turn the oven on. A burnt wire or
terminal is common there, and they often tie one side
of both units together at the Bk el term's, so it affects
both Bk & Br.

Hope that's of some help.

God bless,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
New Albany, PA
www.DavesRepair.com

570-363-2404

Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair
technician! Get your monthly email newsletter he
(Back issues now posted too!)
www.DavesRepair.com

John 3:3