years old
Sears wants about $180 for it
Are there other sources for the same bag ?

Edwin Pawlowski October 29th 04 04:34 PM

wrote in message
Title says it all.

I am looking to replace the bag for a sears lawnmower that is less than 5
years old
Sears wants about $180 for it
Are there other sources for the same bag ?

Skip the bag and get a mulching blade.

willshak October 29th 04 05:13 PM

wrote:

Title says it all.

I am looking to replace the bag for a sears lawnmower that is less than 5
years old
Sears wants about $180 for it
Are there other sources for the same bag ?

What's wrong with the bag? Worn through from dragging on the ground or
something more serious?
If just worn, repair it with a patch of similar cloth or heavier.

October 30th 04 12:29 AM

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

wrote in message
Title says it all.

I am looking to replace the bag for a sears lawnmower that is less than 5
years old
Sears wants about $180 for it
Are there other sources for the same bag ?

Skip the bag and get a mulching blade.

The mulching blade is total crap.
My dog can mulch better...

October 30th 04 12:33 AM

"willshak" wrote in message

Title says it all.

I am looking to replace the bag for a sears lawnmower that is less than 5
years old
Sears wants about $180 for it
Are there other sources for the same bag ?

What's wrong with the bag? Worn through from dragging on the ground or
something more serious?
If just worn, repair it with a patch of similar cloth or heavier.

Lent it to a neighbor a few years ago, he damaged it and didn't tell me
about it.
Now it's not useable.
And the neighbor has since moved away.

I use the bag it to chop and bag leaves while giving the grass it's last
cut.
The volume of leaves has increased in volume by multiple factors in the last
couple of years
Different wind patterns, I guess.

Someone told me that it's possible to discover who the OEM for a Sears
lawnmower is
And that said OEM would have the same equipement available without the Sears
markup.
(I paid about $180 for that lawnmower when I bought it WITH the bag)

Phil McCracken October 30th 04 03:55 PM

wrote in message

Title says it all.

I am looking to replace the bag for a sears lawnmower that is less than 5
years old
Sears wants about $180 for it
Are there other sources for the same bag ?

Skip the bag and get a mulching blade.

The mulching blade is total crap.
My dog can mulch better...

Did you sharpen the blade before using it? If you use it unsharpened--as
it comes out of the package, it won't work worth a damn.

October 30th 04 05:49 PM

wrote in message

Title says it all.

I am looking to replace the bag for a sears lawnmower that is less than
5 years old
Sears wants about $180 for it
Are there other sources for the same bag ?

Skip the bag and get a mulching blade.

The mulching blade is total crap.
My dog can mulch better...

Did you sharpen the blade before using it? If you use it unsharpened--as
it comes out of the package, it won't work worth a damn.

I have 2 blades which I sharpen and balance myself.
Even with a freshly sharpened blade, the mulching process is a
disappointment.

Right now, I'm not willing to spend any money for a new mower.
But at the rate that Sears wants to charge for a replacement bag, it might
prove more economical to go looking for something better for the price.

Stormin Mormon October 31st 04 11:15 PM

Sears typically sells other brands of equipment. Their mower engines were
Tecumseh for awhile, I'm told their furnaces are same as Heil and Airquest.

They also usually require a different spec (slightly different size, etc.)
so the original brand equipment doesn't fit.

Check some lawn mower shops, but I'm guessing you are not likely to get
satisfaction with anything less than a Non-sears mower.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus