iradi8

Default cost of painting

I just got an estimate to have 2 rooms painted. I have never paid anyone to
paint and I don't know what the going price is. I live in S.E. Louisiana and
the 2 rooms now have beige paint and one room will be pink and the other
blue. There are 3 doors in each room and they measure approx. 12x14 with 9'
ceilings.

The estimate was $350. Does this seem high? I am trying to get another
estimate now.

Thanks!

m Ransley

It sounds cheap. But every area is different, get bids that is your only
way of knowing

Phisherman

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:05:58 -0500, "iradi8"
wrote:

I just got an estimate to have 2 rooms painted. I have never paid anyone to
paint and I don't know what the going price is. I live in S.E. Louisiana and
the 2 rooms now have beige paint and one room will be pink and the other
blue. There are 3 doors in each room and they measure approx. 12x14 with 9'
ceilings.

The estimate was $350. Does this seem high? I am trying to get another
estimate now.

Thanks!

It sounds reasonable. The only way you'll really know is to get 3 or
4 written estimates. But here, quality counts and you should expect
to pay a little more for a professional job. This is an ideal job
for the typical home repairman, you could do the job yourself and it
will turn out good if you take your time.
SteveB

"iradi8" wrote in message
. ..
I just got an estimate to have 2 rooms painted. I have never paid anyone to
paint and I don't know what the going price is. I live in S.E. Louisiana
and
the 2 rooms now have beige paint and one room will be pink and the other
blue. There are 3 doors in each room and they measure approx. 12x14 with
9'
ceilings.

The estimate was $350. Does this seem high? I am trying to get another
estimate now.

Thanks!

Does this include the paint, or are you buying it? Where are you at in SE
Louisiana?

Steve

iradi8

Does this include the paint, or are you buying it? Where are you at in SE
Louisiana?

No, I'll be buying the paint. St. Tammany.

design_diva

wrote:

I just got an estimate to have 2 rooms painted. I have never paid anyone to
paint and I don't know what the going price is. I live in S.E. Louisiana and
the 2 rooms now have beige paint and one room will be pink and the other
blue. There are 3 doors in each room and they measure approx. 12x14 with 9'
ceilings.

The estimate was $350. Does this seem high? I am trying to get another
estimate now.

Thanks!

It sounds reasonable. The only way you'll really know is to get 3 or
4 written estimates. But here, quality counts and you should expect
to pay a little more for a professional job. This is an ideal job
for the typical home repairman, you could do the job yourself and it
will turn out good if you take your time.

Absolutely right - a quality painter will spend 90% of the time on
prep work, and only 10% of the time on painting. Make sure you get
everything in writing, which should include: roughing up the walls,
patching the walls, sanding patches smooth, removing all dust
everywhere (floors and walls) and/or washing the walls if no repairs
are in order - before a can of paint is ever opened. Otherwise,
you'll have all those pesky, unprofessional glops, globs and little
"fuzzies" trapped in your new paint job. And quality taping takes
time - sloppy taping at the ceiling, for example, will lead to a wavy
line all around the room - yuck. Good luck!

Roof Cost DL Home Repair 7 August 23rd 04 09:06 PM
How to charge for your work William Woodworking 18 July 13th 04 02:44 AM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Ownership 50 April 2nd 04 04:55 PM
recmd for low cost, multi point temp logging William Danielson Metalworking 2 July 20th 03 07:45 AM