Richard Jordan

Default Painting dentil molding

I am putting crown and chair molding in one room of my house. I am
concerned about leaving runs etc. when painting it.

What is the best way to paint it?

Joseph Meehan

Richard Jordan wrote:
I am putting crown and chair molding in one room of my house. I am
concerned about leaving runs etc. when painting it.

What is the best way to paint it?

The only way I know is carefully and taking a lot of time. Don't try to
get a heavy coat on in hopes of doing one coat.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Joe Bobst

What is the best way to paint it

Logically, you will save time if you paint the molding before installation.
Prepainting before cutting to size is more convenient, and looks best if spray
painted. With the large selection of aerosol paints available it may be a
trade off to getting the tools at a rental place. Dentil moldings always look
best if the well defined edges aren't blurred by paint gobs.
Considering the low prices these days on home compressor/paint guns you may
find one to be a good investment vs. rentals. HYH

Joe

willshak

Richard Jordan wrote:

I am putting crown and chair molding in one room of my house. I am
concerned about leaving runs etc. when painting it.

What is the best way to paint it?

Spray paint it before installing. After installation, touch up filled
nail holes, etc. with a brush.
Phisherman

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 12:55:49 GMT, "Richard Jordan"
wrote:

I am putting crown and chair molding in one room of my house. I am
concerned about leaving runs etc. when painting it.

What is the best way to paint it?

Use less paint on the brush and have lots of patience. You may find
using a small and medium size brush is best. I have dentil molding
inside and outside the house. Select a quality paint.