DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   line voltage small recessed lights (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/73387-line-voltage-small-recessed-lights.html)

JT October 16th 04 01:27 AM

line voltage small recessed lights

I'd like to install recessed lights in my townhouse living room. I'd
like to use the small (less than 4 in. diameter) recessed light
canisters, because I don't want the light fixtures to overwhelm the
relatively small ceiling. However, I don't want the low voltage
types.

I cannot find any small line voltage recessed lights anywhere in the
Northern Virginia area. Do these things exist? Or are the smaller
size strictly low voltage by design?

Thanks!

Brian V October 16th 04 02:35 AM

"JT" wrote in message
om...
I'd like to install recessed lights in my townhouse living room. I'd
like to use the small (less than 4 in. diameter) recessed light
canisters, because I don't want the light fixtures to overwhelm the
relatively small ceiling. However, I don't want the low voltage
types.

I cannot find any small line voltage recessed lights anywhere in the
Northern Virginia area. Do these things exist? Or are the smaller
size strictly low voltage by design?

Thanks!

I used 4" when I finished my basement. Home Depot carries them, line
voltage. Made by Halo.

SQLit October 16th 04 04:01 PM

"JT" wrote in message
om...
I'd like to install recessed lights in my townhouse living room. I'd
like to use the small (less than 4 in. diameter) recessed light
canisters, because I don't want the light fixtures to overwhelm the
relatively small ceiling. However, I don't want the low voltage
types.

I cannot find any small line voltage recessed lights anywhere in the
Northern Virginia area. Do these things exist? Or are the smaller
size strictly low voltage by design?

Thanks!

I bought some 4 inch line voltage fixture on line. Googled for 4 inch
recessed can.
Mine were IC fixtures as there was insulation to deal with. Pretty cheap
compared with the box stores. I paid about 15 bucks a piece with trims
including the shipping.

---