DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Should I grant an Easement? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/72877-should-i-grant-easement.html)

Chet Hayes October 15th 04 03:04 PM

Andy Asberry wrote in message . ..
On 15 Oct 2004 02:19:35 GMT, (HA HA Budys Here)
wrote:

Quickly, hire HIS really good, politically-connected lawyer for something
stupid, minor, and cheap. Then he can't use that lawyer against you!

I was thinking that and it brings up an interesting question. One that
maybe should be asked on a legal group but what the heck, we're not
short of opinions here.:)

Suppose the one seeking an easement has Super-Lawyer on retainer but
hasn't discussed this matter. Our OP visits S-L for advice on this
situation; lays out his strategy and then informs S-L who his
adversary is.

Can Super-Lawyer represent either one? If so, which one?

If that were to occur, it would be unethical for SL to then represent
either client on the easement issue. What would be really funny would
be to get a free initial consultation. Many lawyers offer this and it
would certainly be funny if he gave you one before he was contacted by
his client. Or he might even have been contacted, but not make the
connection until after you told him too much.