Leo

Default Plumbing help

How do you seal the connection between the drain pipe under a sink and the
trap? I took this apart to fix a slow draining system... with that problem
solved now I have another.

The drain pipe fits into the trap and a large nut threads onto the trap. By
the by, this home was built in the early seventies and this is probably
original stuff.

Thanks.

mark

I'm fairly sure this is just a compression seal. There's a rubber gasket
that gets squashed tight when you crank that nut down onto the trap. If the
gasket is old and hard, it might leak.

"Leo" wrote in message ...
How do you seal the connection between the drain pipe under a sink and the
trap? I took this apart to fix a slow draining system... with that
problem
solved now I have another.

The drain pipe fits into the trap and a large nut threads onto the trap.
By
the by, this home was built in the early seventies and this is probably
original stuff.

Thanks.

Harry K

"Leo" wrote in message ...
How do you seal the connection between the drain pipe under a sink and the
trap? I took this apart to fix a slow draining system... with that problem
solved now I have another.

The drain pipe fits into the trap and a large nut threads onto the trap. By
the by, this home was built in the early seventies and this is probably
original stuff.

Thanks.

Put in a new gasket. Trying to re-use an old one is wasted time.

Harry K
Scott

Leo,

I had the same problem under the bathroom sink of my 1974-built house. I got
tired of putting duct tape over the joint (it still dripped a bit). Finally, I drove to
Home Depot and bought a plastic drain pipe/trap kit for around $7.00, and replaced
the whole thing.in just a few minutes. Now everything is solid and water tight.
And, my wife is finally happy with me.

Scott

Leo wrote:

How do you seal the connection between the drain pipe under a sink and the
trap? I took this apart to fix a slow draining system... with that problem
solved now I have another.

The drain pipe fits into the trap and a large nut threads onto the trap. By
the by, this home was built in the early seventies and this is probably
original stuff.

Thanks.

mark

Finally, I drove to
Home Depot and bought a plastic drain pipe/trap kit for around $7.00, and
replaced
the whole thing.in just a few minutes. Now everything is solid and water
tight.
And, my wife is finally happy with me.

Wow! You mean THATS all it takes? All this time....I wish someone told me.

Scott

mark,

Not exactly. She was happy with me for only 30-seconds. Now, there are
new issues.....

Scott