willshak

Default Vent Hood for 4&1/4 inch duct?

Barry wrote:

Greetings All!

The plastic vent hood (vertical wall) for our master bathroom vent
fell apart a few days ago after many years of exposure to weather
and sunshine on the west side of the house in northeast Ohio. After
removing all of the old plastic I was surprised to find the duct that
comes through the wall is 4&1/4" diameter instead of the standard
4". The old hood actually slid inside the duct.

The only replacement parts I've been able to find are for the standard
4" duct and pulling out the 4&1/4 piece doesn't seem possible - almost
like it's "cemented" in.

Since the maker of the original hood (Leigh) doesn't seem to be around
anymore, what would be the options here?

Slide the flexible duct over the new 4" vent and tape it on with
waterproof tape?

Thanks in advance!

Barry