DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   replacing thermostats (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/71288-replacing-thermostats.html)

HvacTech2 September 28th 04 04:51 PM

Hi carrol, hope you are having a nice day

On 27-Sep-04 At About 23:59:56, carrol wrote to All
Subject: replacing thermostats

c From: (carrol)

c I have an old system which does not tell which wire is which. There
c are six wires coming from the wall. I want to install a programable
c thermostat but don't know which wires go where. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually there is no way anyone can tell you without being there. There is a
color code but not everyone follows it.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... You can't get there from here. You have to go somewhere else first

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail

carrol September 28th 04 07:59 PM

replacing thermostats

SQLit September 28th 04 09:46 PM

"carrol" wrote in message
m...
I have an old system which does not tell which wire is which. There
are six wires coming from the wall. I want to install a programable
thermostat but don't know which wires go where. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

The T-stat should have an wiring diagram. Just match the colors.

---

Jimmie September 28th 04 10:52 PM

"carrol" wrote in message
m...
I have an old system which does not tell which wire is which. There
are six wires coming from the wall. I want to install a programable
thermostat but don't know which wires go where. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terminals on the old tsat should be marked with letters, R.G,W,etc. Tis may
correspond to the color of the wires but then again maybe not. connect the
wire that was on the W terminal to the W on the new Tsat R tp R and so on.
Check that things will work out right before you start moving wires