Ray Jenkins

Default Snow-blower question? ? ?

Today I bought a fairly heavy-duty snow-blower, an Ariens 623, already fully
assembled. The packet of instructions materials contained a small plastic
package with two 1.5-inch bolts with nuts. I can't find anything which
explains their use.

I'd be grateful to anyone who has one of these machines and could tell me
what these bolts are for.

JJ

Sounds like replacement shear bolts. There are bolts on your blower that
are designed to break (shear) if something gets stuck in the auger - when a
shear bolt breaks, it disengages the drive so whatever got stuck doesn't
make it any further into the blower. You don't want to get stuck without
replacements - because the weather is usually bad when need one!

"Ray Jenkins" wrote in message
Today I bought a fairly heavy-duty snow-blower, an Ariens 623, already

fully
assembled. The packet of instructions materials contained a small plastic
package with two 1.5-inch bolts with nuts. I can't find anything which
explains their use.

I'd be grateful to anyone who has one of these machines and could tell me
what these bolts are for.

Dave Mitton

Not to mention, when the weather is bad enough to break your shear pins,
mysteriously, the stores seem to be out of them!

Been there....got the t-shirt
Dave.

"JJ" wrote:

Sounds like replacement shear bolts. There are bolts on your blower that
are designed to break (shear) if something gets stuck in the auger - when a
shear bolt breaks, it disengages the drive so whatever got stuck doesn't
make it any further into the blower. You don't want to get stuck without
replacements - because the weather is usually bad when need one!

"Ray Jenkins" wrote in message
Today I bought a fairly heavy-duty snow-blower, an Ariens 623, already

fully
assembled. The packet of instructions materials contained a small plastic
package with two 1.5-inch bolts with nuts. I can't find anything which
explains their use.

I'd be grateful to anyone who has one of these machines and could tell me
what these bolts are for.

Harry G.

"Ray Jenkins" wrote in message
| Today I bought a fairly heavy-duty snow-blower, an Ariens 623, already
fully
| assembled. The packet of instructions materials contained a small plastic
| package with two 1.5-inch bolts with nuts. I can't find anything which
| explains their use.
|
| I'd be grateful to anyone who has one of these machines and could tell me
| what these bolts are for.

There for when you wrap the dog chain up in the auger.

anonymous

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 05:09:10 GMT, "Harry G."
wrote:

"Ray Jenkins" wrote in message
| Today I bought a fairly heavy-duty snow-blower, an Ariens 623, already
fully
| assembled. The packet of instructions materials contained a small plastic
| package with two 1.5-inch bolts with nuts. I can't find anything which
| explains their use.
|
| I'd be grateful to anyone who has one of these machines and could tell me
| what these bolts are for.

There for when you wrap the dog chain up in the auger.

They're there for giving to Harry G - just so he knows what a pair of
nuts feel like when not banging against his ass.
Harry G.

"anonymous" wrote in message
| On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 05:09:10 GMT, "Harry G."
| wrote:
|

| "Ray Jenkins" wrote in message
| | Today I bought a fairly heavy-duty snow-blower, an Ariens 623, already
| fully
| | assembled. The packet of instructions materials contained a small
plastic
| | package with two 1.5-inch bolts with nuts. I can't find anything which
| | explains their use.
| |
| | I'd be grateful to anyone who has one of these machines and could tell
me
| | what these bolts are for.
| |
| There for when you wrap the dog chain up in the auger.
|
| They're there for giving to Harry G - just so he knows what a pair of
| nuts feel like when not banging against his ass.

You do seem to be well versed when it comes to "nuts".

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e....ix.netcom.com

anonymous

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 05:46:30 GMT, "Harry G."
wrote:

"anonymous" wrote in message
.. .
| On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 05:09:10 GMT, "Harry G."
| wrote:
|

| "Ray Jenkins" wrote in message
| | Today I bought a fairly heavy-duty snow-blower, an Ariens 623, already
| fully
| | assembled. The packet of instructions materials contained a small
plastic
| | package with two 1.5-inch bolts with nuts. I can't find anything which
| | explains their use.
| |
| | I'd be grateful to anyone who has one of these machines and could tell
me
| | what these bolts are for.
| |
| There for when you wrap the dog chain up in the auger.
|
| They're there for giving to Harry G - just so he knows what a pair of
| nuts feel like when not banging against his ass.

You do seem to be well versed when it comes to "nuts".

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e....ix.netcom.com

is not the same as my Ease off on the dosages a
little.