DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/686987-west-virginia-offering-guns-prizes-covid-vaccine-lottery.html)

Bod[_3_] June 3rd 21 05:01 AM

West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

WTF !

[email protected] June 3rd 21 06:52 AM

West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 04:01:59 +0100, Bod wrote:

WTF !

You sell (or in this case give away) what people buy.
I doubt those hillbillies want an I-phone.

Jim Joyce June 3rd 21 07:33 AM

West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 04:01:59 +0100, Bod wrote:

WTF !

You gotta know your audience and apparently guns are expected to bring in
the biggest numbers of vax seekers in WV.

Ohio uses a million dollar lottery while Minnesota dangles a free fishing
license, tickets to the state fair, a $25 gift card, and a free pass to the
state parks. I guess one size doesn't fit all but the million bucks sounds
the best to me.

Rod Speed June 3rd 21 09:12 AM

"Jim Joyce" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 04:01:59 +0100, Bod wrote:

WTF !

You gotta know your audience and apparently guns are expected to bring in
the biggest numbers of vax seekers in WV.

Ohio uses a million dollar lottery while Minnesota dangles a free fishing
license, tickets to the state fair, a $25 gift card, and a free pass to
the
state parks. I guess one size doesn't fit all but the million bucks sounds
the best to me.

But nothing like the same chance of winning something useful.

Peeler[_4_] June 3rd 21 10:32 AM

Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 17:12:46 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

You gotta know your audience and apparently guns are expected to bring in
the biggest numbers of vax seekers in WV.

Ohio uses a million dollar lottery while Minnesota dangles a free fishing
license, tickets to the state fair, a $25 gift card, and a free pass to
the
state parks. I guess one size doesn't fit all but the million bucks sounds
the best to me.

But nothing like the same chance of winning something useful.

LOL Pathological senile auto-contradictor!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:

[email protected] June 3rd 21 12:02 PM

On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 1:33:46 AM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 04:01:59 +0100, Bod wrote:

WTF !

You gotta know your audience and apparently guns are expected to bring in
the biggest numbers of vax seekers in WV.

Ohio uses a million dollar lottery while Minnesota dangles a free fishing
license, tickets to the state fair,

Do they include vouchers for "fried foods on a stick" ? No point going
to the state fair without enjoying the cuisine.

Cindy Hamilton

Buck Fiden June 3rd 21 12:14 PM

West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
WTF !

The same tactic Joe Bribem uses.
"Hey little girl, you want a piece of candy while I sniff your hair?"

Frank[_24_] June 3rd 21 01:53 PM

On 6/3/2021 6:14 AM, Buck Fiden wrote:
On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
WTF !

The same tactic Joe Bribem uses.
"Hey little girl, you want a piece of candy while I sniff your hair?"

Speaking of Joe, they are calling him Joejam here. He is spending
practically every weekend in Delaware and he is now at his beach house.
Ties up traffic and even closes airspace and businesses than need it.

Buck Fiden June 3rd 21 02:53 PM

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
WTF !

The same tactic Joe Bribem uses.
"Hey little girl, you want a piece of candy while I sniff your hair?"

Speaking of Joe, they are calling him Joejam here.Â* He is spending practically every weekend in Delaware and he is now at his beach house. Â*Ties up traffic and even closes airspace and
businesses than need it.

Yah, and our paid DNC propagandist liars here used to claim that President Trump spent too much time and tax dollars going golfing at his own courses.

I guess the two-faced hypocrites here think it's ok when Joejam does it.

They also forget that President Trump is a philanthropist who donated all of his paychecks to various charities.

micky June 3rd 21 03:25 PM

West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 03 Jun 2021 00:33:41 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 04:01:59 +0100, Bod wrote:

WTF !

You gotta know your audience and apparently guns are expected to bring in
the biggest numbers of vax seekers in WV.

Ohio uses a million dollar lottery while Minnesota dangles a free fishing
license, tickets to the state fair, a $25 gift card, and a free pass to the
state parks. I guess one size doesn't fit all but the million bucks sounds
the best to me.

Fooey. Who would want a million dollars when you can have a gun?

micky June 3rd 21 03:26 PM

West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 3 Jun 2021 03:02:44 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 1:33:46 AM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 04:01:59 +0100, Bod wrote:

WTF !

You gotta know your audience and apparently guns are expected to bring in
the biggest numbers of vax seekers in WV.

Ohio uses a million dollar lottery while Minnesota dangles a free fishing
license, tickets to the state fair,

Do they include vouchers for "fried foods on a stick" ? No point going
to the state fair without enjoying the cuisine.

Cindy Hamilton

I'm still looking for a place that sells deep-fried butter.

trader_4 June 3rd 21 04:07 PM

West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 1:33:46 AM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 04:01:59 +0100, Bod wrote:

WTF !

You gotta know your audience and apparently guns are expected to bring in
the biggest numbers of vax seekers in WV.

Ohio uses a million dollar lottery while Minnesota dangles a free fishing
license, tickets to the state fair, a $25 gift card, and a free pass to the
state parks. I guess one size doesn't fit all but the million bucks sounds
the best to me.

Whoever came up with the Ohio lottery idea is a genius. They pull the winner from
a list of all Ohio residents and then find out if that person was vaccinated. If they are,
they win the million. If not, they get notified that they would have won, but they are
not eligible and they pick again. And I assume the press gets notified too. Beautiful.

trader_4 June 3rd 21 04:09 PM

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
WTF !

The same tactic Joe Bribem uses.
"Hey little girl, you want a piece of candy while I sniff your hair?"

Speaking of Joe, they are calling him Joejam here. He is spending
practically every weekend in Delaware and he is now at his beach house.
Ties up traffic and even closes airspace and businesses than need it.

Of course Trump's frequent travels to NJ, closing air spaces or his trips
to NYC where a whole block of Midtown was closed off, no complaints
about that.....

rbowman June 3rd 21 04:19 PM

On 06/03/2021 04:02 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 1:33:46 AM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 04:01:59 +0100, Bod wrote:

WTF !

You gotta know your audience and apparently guns are expected to bring in
the biggest numbers of vax seekers in WV.

Ohio uses a million dollar lottery while Minnesota dangles a free fishing
license, tickets to the state fair,

Do they include vouchers for "fried foods on a stick" ? No point going
to the state fair without enjoying the cuisine.

Cindy Hamilton

Ooh, ooh, Vikings! The Sons of Norway make their appearance at the fair
every year and the Vikings are a rite of passage. I'm not sure of the
species of the ground meat, pig I think, breaded, and deep fried.

I stick to the rosettes which are bad enough. The booth next door has
deep fried cheese curds. The fair was canceled last year, probably
improving the overall health of the community.

I miss the NH State Fair. It's a more diverse area so there are cannoli
to die for.

rbowman June 3rd 21 04:22 PM

" wrote:

On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 1:33:46 AM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 04:01:59 +0100, Bod wrote:

WTF !
You gotta know your audience and apparently guns are expected to bring in
the biggest numbers of vax seekers in WV.

Ohio uses a million dollar lottery while Minnesota dangles a free fishing
license, tickets to the state fair,

Do they include vouchers for "fried foods on a stick" ? No point going
to the state fair without enjoying the cuisine.

Cindy Hamilton

I'm still looking for a place that sells deep-fried butter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_butter

Texas, but they don't like your kind there.

Bob F June 3rd 21 04:46 PM

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
WTF !

The same tactic Joe Bribem uses.
"Hey little girl, you want a piece of candy while I sniff your hair?"

Speaking of Joe, they are calling him Joejam here.Â* He is spending
practically every weekend in Delaware and he is now at his beach
house. Â*Ties up traffic and even closes airspace and businesses than
need it.

Yah, and our paid DNC propagandist liars here used to claim that
President Trump spent too much time and tax dollars going golfing at his
own courses.

I guess the two-faced hypocrites here think it's ok when Joejam does it.

Which golf courses are Joe's?

They also forget that President Trump is a philanthropist who donated
all of his paychecks to various charities.

LOL!

Clare Snyder June 3rd 21 04:53 PM

West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23...-fried-butter/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvMbuh56OMo
https://travelfoodatlas.com/deep-fri...lls-recipe-usa

Frank[_24_] June 3rd 21 04:54 PM

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
WTF !

The same tactic Joe Bribem uses.
"Hey little girl, you want a piece of candy while I sniff your hair?"

Speaking of Joe, they are calling him Joejam here. He is spending
practically every weekend in Delaware and he is now at his beach house.
Ties up traffic and even closes airspace and businesses than need it.

Of course Trump's frequent travels to NJ, closing air spaces or his trips
to NYC where a whole block of Midtown was closed off, no complaints
about that.....

Don't think he did it practically every weekend like Biden does.

I was here when Biden was campaigning from his basement and had to pass
the road to his house and back as often as 5 days a week. Fortunately I
only ran into the end of a Joe Jam once. He would go out in the
afternoon an go down to the riverfront and then back home. Hardly ever
left town.

Peeler[_4_] June 3rd 21 05:04 PM

lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 08:19:33 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Ooh, ooh, Vikings! The Sons of Norway make their appearance at the fair

Oh, ****! Is about the Vikings now, blabbermouth? LMAO

Bod[_3_] June 3rd 21 05:19 PM

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
WTF !

The same tactic Joe Bribem uses.
"Hey little girl, you want a piece of candy while I sniff your hair?"

Speaking of Joe, they are calling him Joejam here.Â* He is spending
practically every weekend in Delaware and he is now at his beach
house. Â*Ties up traffic and even closes airspace and businesses than
need it.

Yah, and our paid DNC propagandist liars here used to claim that
President Trump spent too much time and tax dollars going golfing at
his own courses.

I guess the two-faced hypocrites here think it's ok when Joejam does it.

Which golf courses are Joe's?

They also forget that President Trump is a philanthropist who donated
all of his paychecks to various charities.

LOL!

And stiffed many contractors.

Bob F June 3rd 21 05:22 PM

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
WTF !

The same tactic Joe Bribem uses.
"Hey little girl, you want a piece of candy while I sniff your hair?"
Speaking of Joe, they are calling him Joejam here. He is spending
practically every weekend in Delaware and he is now at his beach house.
Ties up traffic and even closes airspace and businesses than need it.

Of course Trump's frequent travels to NJ, closing air spaces or his trips
to NYC where a whole block of Midtown was closed off, no complaints
about that.....

Don't think he did it practically every weekend like Biden does.

I was here when Biden was campaigning from his basement and had to pass
the road to his house and back as often as 5 days a week.Â* Fortunately I
only ran into the end of a Joe Jam once.Â* He would go out in the
afternoon an go down to the riverfront and then back home.Â* Hardly ever
left town.

And does Biden charge thousands of dollars for the secret service
members to be be near him.

"How many times has Trump played golf as President of the United States?
Since taking office on Jan. 20, 2017, Mr. Trump has reportedly been on
the grounds of his golf courses or played golf elsewhere 308 times since
becoming President, and that's as of Dec. 30, 2020.

The cost of Trump's golf rounds to the American taxpayer varies by round
and course, but it has totaled so far in the tens of millions of
dollars. The Secret Service has spent at least $550,000 in third-party
golf cart rentals and over $500,000 to stay overnight at Trump-owned
properties, including his New Jersey country club."

And trump made a profit every time.

micky June 3rd 21 09:19 PM

West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

" wrote:

On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 1:33:46 AM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 04:01:59 +0100, Bod wrote:

WTF !
You gotta know your audience and apparently guns are expected to bring in
the biggest numbers of vax seekers in WV.

Ohio uses a million dollar lottery while Minnesota dangles a free fishing
license, tickets to the state fair,

Do they include vouchers for "fried foods on a stick" ? No point going
to the state fair without enjoying the cuisine.

Cindy Hamilton

I'm still looking for a place that sells deep-fried butter.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23...-fried-butter/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvMbuh56OMo
https://travelfoodatlas.com/deep-fri...lls-recipe-usa

Thanks but I'm not going to make it myself. I'd never know when to
stop.

micky June 3rd 21 09:27 PM

West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
WTF !

The same tactic Joe Bribem uses.
"Hey little girl, you want a piece of candy while I sniff your hair?"

Speaking of Joe, they are calling him Joejam here.* He is spending
practically every weekend in Delaware and he is now at his beach
house. *Ties up traffic and even closes airspace and businesses than
need it.

Yah, and our paid DNC propagandist liars here used to claim that
President Trump spent too much time and tax dollars going golfing at his
own courses.

I guess the two-faced hypocrites here think it's ok when Joejam does it.

Which golf courses are Joe's?

They also forget that President Trump is a philanthropist who donated
all of his paychecks to various charities.

LOL!

It is certainly funny. Buck can't even keep his nonsense straight.
Pahy attention, Buck. This will help you spread your nonsense the next
time. The only paychecks he donated were from the US when he was
pretending to be president and they didn't go to various charities, they
were returned to the general fund of the US. A good investment becaue
he can pretend to be charitable while his job to get people to stay at
his hotel on Pa. Avenue, while getting the VP's crowd on a trip to the
UK to go hundereds of miles out of their way to stay at a hotel he owns
there. and a dozen other ways he stole money from the US government
while pretending to be president, maintaining his practice of dishonesty
from his whole life.

Tekkie© June 3rd 21 09:35 PM

West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 08:19:33 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 06/03/2021 04:02 AM, wrote:
[...]

When we ate in NH their big thing at the restaurant was fried dough. IIRC we
didn't get any.

--
Tekkie

Jim Joyce June 3rd 21 10:02 PM

wrote:

On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 1:33:46 AM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 04:01:59 +0100, Bod wrote:

WTF !

You gotta know your audience and apparently guns are expected to bring in
the biggest numbers of vax seekers in WV.

Ohio uses a million dollar lottery while Minnesota dangles a free fishing
license, tickets to the state fair,

Do they include vouchers for "fried foods on a stick" ? No point going
to the state fair without enjoying the cuisine.

Great point. I'll pass the word to my friends up there.

Jim Joyce June 3rd 21 10:19 PM

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Sounds like a smart guy. As I recall, there was a pandemic at the time. The
last thing you'd want to see would be lots of needless travel and maskless
death rallys or some such.

rbowman June 4th 21 04:20 PM

On 06/03/2021 04:02 AM, wrote:
[...]

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/what-is-fry-bread/

When the BIA gave the Indians tons of wheat flour to replace grass fed
buffalo they had to figure out what to do with the stuff. They should
have been suspicious of free government ****,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK233089/

The Pimas are the leaders with the highest incidence of diabetes in the
world. They did a lot better eating desert cottontails, snakes, and
saguaro fruit.

Frank[_24_] June 4th 21 04:51 PM

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Yes he was smart. If he was out there and talked a lot people would
have seen what he stood for and that he was on the edge of senility.

Peeler[_4_] June 4th 21 05:22 PM

lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 08:20:03 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/what-is-fry-bread/

When the BIA gave the Indians tons of wheat flour to replace grass fed
buffalo they had to figure out what to do with the stuff. They should
have been suspicious of free government ****,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK233089/

The Pimas are the leaders with the highest incidence of diabetes in the
world. They did a lot better eating desert cottontails, snakes, and
saguaro fruit.

Is there switch to turn off this senile gossip's gob? LOL

[email protected] June 4th 21 06:09 PM

West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

wrote:

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 04:01:59 +0100, Bod wrote:

WTF !

You gotta know your audience and apparently guns are expected to bring in
the biggest numbers of vax seekers in WV.

Ohio uses a million dollar lottery while Minnesota dangles a free fishing
license, tickets to the state fair, a $25 gift card, and a free pass to the
state parks. I guess one size doesn't fit all but the million bucks sounds
the best to me.

Fooey. Who would want a million dollars when you can have a gun?

I doubt West Virginia could come up with a million bucks.

[email protected] June 4th 21 06:16 PM

West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
WTF !

The same tactic Joe Bribem uses.
"Hey little girl, you want a piece of candy while I sniff your hair?"

Speaking of Joe, they are calling him Joejam here. He is spending
practically every weekend in Delaware and he is now at his beach house.
Ties up traffic and even closes airspace and businesses than need it.

Of course Trump's frequent travels to NJ, closing air spaces or his trips
to NYC where a whole block of Midtown was closed off, no complaints
about that.....

Not from anywhere but New York.
I doubt anyone really wants the president to be their house/work and
certainly not after a disaster.
When the Bushes used to come here they shut down about half of Estero
Bay along with all the nearby roads whenever they left the Hyatt. I
have been run off by the RIBs with M-60s on them.

Biden does have an excuse tho. He always went home on the weekends,
usually riding the train but nobody wanted to shoot a tired old
senator so there was no disruption. I doubt more than 5 people on that
train even recognized him.

[email protected] June 4th 21 06:23 PM

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 08:19:33 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 06/03/2021 04:02 AM, wrote:
[...]

We went to the State Fair in Minot one year when we were touring the
Dakotas. It was like going back in time.
It wasn't like the carnival atmosphere of most State Fairs. It was
more of a farm show. Lots of big equipment on display
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/dakota/Nice%20treactor.jpg

I liked the Coolerator, a motorized cooler

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/dakota/coolermobile.jpg
There was an option for the trailer, a regular Igloo with 4 wheels.
Two kids were riding around on this promoting them.

[email protected] June 4th 21 06:37 PM

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

I haven't seen the numbers but rest assured Joe has the full
compliment of Secret Service and White House staff with him on every
visit. My BIL (phone man) used to travel with the president (LBJ,
Nixon, Carter and Reagan) and they took a Number Five crossbar
"switch" with them everywhere they went if they hadn't already set up
a PBX there. These days that might fit in a suitcase but it is still a
big deal to connect to the local system. He was just one of a plane
full of people who go everywhere the president goes. (usually at least
3 jumbo jets if it is out of the country). I suspect the White House
has bought or leased a house nearby just for that. Then there was
probably a couple million spent on upgrading Biden's house.

Personally I think the President should be using Camp David instead of
going to other places to relax. That is specifically set up for it and
paid for many years ago. BTW I did complain about Trump going to Palm
Beach and the Bushes in Boca Grande or Estero.

[email protected] June 4th 21 06:38 PM

On 06/03/2021 04:02 AM, wrote:
[...]

That is as silly as hush puppies. The original use was to clean up the
grease and you fed them to the dogs. Now people order them and pay for
them.

Rod Speed June 4th 21 08:15 PM

On 06/03/2021 04:02 AM, wrote:
[...]

You get the same thing with meat. We used to feed the dogs
ox cheeks but now they are 'gourmet' food for humans. Weird.

Peeler[_4_] June 4th 21 08:17 PM

Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 04:15:03 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:

Tekkie© June 4th 21 10:15 PM

West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 08:20:03 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 06/03/2021 04:02 AM, wrote:
[...]

They didn't know what they were dealing with so they get a pass.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK233089/

The Pimas are the leaders with the highest incidence of diabetes in the
world. They did a lot better eating desert cottontails, snakes, and
saguaro fruit.

I can understand it why it was in NH now Dip in butter...

--
Tekkie

Tekkie© June 4th 21 10:34 PM

West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:41:00 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

I have never seen him and have lived within 5 miles of him for over 50
years. I also made the DC round trip numerous times. I have seen two
of his houses. Also saw his son, Beau, once.

Friend was telling me a funny the other day about Jill Biden jogging on
the main road, route 141, off the road to his house, Barley Mill Road,
when he was VP. She was followed by three cars with secret service
agents holding up traffic ****ing people off. Had she just stayed on
Barley Mill Road it would have bothered no one.

I know that area from going to a business near there. It doesn't seem 141 would
be good jogging area nor Barley Mill Rd either...

--
Tekkie

Tekkie© June 4th 21 10:40 PM

West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:54:37 -0400, Ralph Mowery posted for all of us to
digest...

In article , "frank says...

Friend was telling me a funny the other day about Jill Biden jogging on
the main road, route 141, off the road to his house, Barley Mill Road,
when he was VP. She was followed by three cars with secret service
agents holding up traffic ****ing people off. Had she just stayed on
Barley Mill Road it would have bothered no one.

Why does she need all that protection. All she needs is a double barrel
shotgun . That is what Joe said.

Well, Maybe that senile old fool thought that she needed that shotgun in
addition to the secret service that is all around them.

It slipped their mind...

--
Tekkie