Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. College Loan Forgiveness

This John Stossel article claims about a third of college enrollees don't graduate after six years. Why doesn't it dawn on them that they aren't going to make it long before then? Beer and women? People expected to be out in four years way back when I was college age. That would've been in the 1970s.
It points to a woman who decided she couldn't afford college and went to welding school instead. She's making $3,000/week. She may well be an exception but there is work for people who get dirty.
https://www.wnd.com/2021/05/hardworking-taxpayers-bail-privileged-students/
My brother claims small engine repair shops in Omaha, NE have waiting lists of weeks. People don't want to mess with lawnmower or snowblower repair. There still are the old fashioned welding/repair shops in my area.