Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Top Fuel Dragster

I've seen them run but this gives some of the work and design behind
them. They also burn fuel at a rate of $100 a second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0KT...l=CuriousDroid
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/01/2021 12:28 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I've seen them run but this gives some of the work and design behind
them. They also burn fuel at a rate of $100 a second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0KT...l=CuriousDroid

I have wondered if it's the British accent or if every presenter is
trying to sound like Attenborough.

When I was in school the Resnick & Halliday physics text suggested there
were limits on linear acceleration imposed as the coefficient of
friction approached 1.0. The TA drove a Corvette and spent his weekends
at the Glens Falls Dragway. He delighted in pointing out the AA fuelies
had found a loophole around that little problem. Damn hotrodders
wouldn't follow the science.

I've never been to a drag strip. I grew up on short dirt track racing
and drag racing was some kind of California thing like surf boards,
whatever the hell they were. These were outlaw tracks. The closest
NASCAR track was in PA. The quarter mile setup didn't work on long tracks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 1 May 2021 14:28:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I've seen them run but this gives some of the work and design behind
them. They also burn fuel at a rate of $100 a second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0KT...l=CuriousDroid

Intereting how the engine only does a couple hundred turns down the
1/4 mile and the only thing that limits how much fuel they can burn -
and theretore how much power they can consume is the volume of the
combustionchamber. Another half a cc of Nitro based fuel and the
engine would hydro-loch and bend the rods and smash the pistons.