Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - How Do I Stop Getting Recall Notices On A Vehicle I NoLonger Own?

This is how to STOP receiving vehicle recall notices on vehicles you no longer own.

1. Check with the DMV to make sure you are NOT still connected to this vehicle. I suggest doing this with EVERY state you have owned a vehicle in.
2. Fill out the card included in recall notice - stating that you no longer have the vehicle. Attach any submitting documentation. I keep copies of the title of every vehicle I have sold - the copy includes ALL signatures (buyer/seller, etc.). Make a copy of the card you filled out.
3. If receive another recall notice - again fill out card and state that this is the 2nd request - attach the 1st request and mail.
4. Receive another recall notice - write €śRTS - Refused - NO longer have vehicle€ť. This can ONLY be done if the envelope is NOT opened and if the mailer is first class/presorted first class.
5. Contact Equifax and R.L Polk - these two Data companies compile DMV records. NOTE: Polk is the parent company of Carfax - May also go by - IHS Automotive, Driven by Polk, and as IHS Inquire about the info they have listed for you and ask to opt out!
Posted to alt.home.repair

May 13, 2021
Migawd, it's almost 5 years since this thread was started and it's still active because of people who are being harassed endlessly about the Takata airbag recall. I'm another of those unfortunate souls being stalked and harassed by Toyota -- just got their latest today. So today I called for the 4th time the number they gave and explained that the car in question was totaled in 2017 and the agent, as before, said she would pass the info on to Toyota.

What a curious situation. Toyota not only is obtuse and clueless, they also are quite creative. Each new recall notice is packaged in a new way: business envelope; business envelope with urgent-sounding wording on the cover; flat 8-1/2 x 11 envelope that looks like it might be something important; one of those tear-on-the-sides envelopes so you really have to work to see what's inside.

Sounds like fodder for a Saturday Night Live skit. I'll now try turning my annoyance into some sort of game: trying to guess when the next envelope or text message will arrive; ceremoniously burning each one; or, best of all of course, just ignoring the whole thing. Good night and good luck.

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 4:15:04 PM UTC-5, Don Graydon wrote:
[...]

Ford is just as bad. First they harassed me for some time and shame on me for not just getting the airbag replaced. The dealer must be making a bunch of cash to be making such an effort. Well I sold the car to my daughter and now they harass her. Now she sold it, (thankfully without anyone being injured by the airbag) so hopefully the chase will continue to the next owner who may or may not get it replaced.