Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cellulose Over Vent Fan Housing?

I replaced the vent fan in my upstairs bathroom. When doing so, the blown in cellulose was moved. After installation, should I cover the vent housing with cellulose from the attic, or leave it exposed up there?

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...g-3102175-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 9:15:08 AM UTC-5, Matthew wrote:
I replaced the vent fan in my upstairs bathroom. When doing so, the blown in cellulose was moved. After installation, should I cover the vent housing with cellulose from the attic, or leave it exposed up there?

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...g-3102175-.htm

I would definitely cover it to limit heat transfer. The only possible issue would be
if it has a light bulb in it, then heat could be an issue, ie is the fixture rated to be
covered with insulation or not. But it's a bath fan, it's not going to have a 150W
bulb in it, and today we're using LEDs anyway. Did you read the instructions or check
on the manufacturer website?