Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pioneertown

The older ones in this group will remember Gene Autry and Roy Rogers. They set up a desert film location for the old western movies. It attracted actors and musicians over the years. Housing there
is worth a small fortune now.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/were-getting-out-of-l-a-and-going-to-joshua-tree-why-the-desert-area-is-booming
The pandemic is encouraging people to move especially now that they can work remotely.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/22/2021 8:31 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
The older ones in this group will remember Gene Autry and Roy Rogers. They set up a desert film location for the old western movies. It attracted actors and musicians over the years. Housing there
is worth a small fortune now.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/were-getting-out-of-l-a-and-going-to-joshua-tree-why-the-desert-area-is-booming
The pandemic is encouraging people to move especially now that they can work remotely.

You remind me of a couple of things - seeing the Roy Rogers museum when
it was in Apple Valley and a Joshua tree in Arizona.

Looking at this housing site I searched for "water" and saw no mention.
This would probably be big problem living in these areas.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 22, 2021 at 9:03:38 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 2/22/2021 8:31 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
The older ones in this group will remember Gene Autry and Roy Rogers. They set up a desert film location for the old western movies. It attracted actors and musicians over the years. Housing there
is worth a small fortune now.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/were-getting-out-of-l-a-and-going-to-joshua-tree-why-the-desert-area-is-booming
The pandemic is encouraging people to move especially now that they can work remotely.

You remind me of a couple of things - seeing the Roy Rogers museum when
it was in Apple Valley and a Joshua tree in Arizona.

Looking at this housing site I searched for "water" and saw no mention.
This would probably be big problem living in these areas.

https://www.sbsun.com/2019/12/02/pioneertown-residents-now-have-clean-tap-water-for-the-first-time-in-decades/

Cindy Hamilton