Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flex Products

Anyone use any of the Flex products such as Flex Glue and Flex Seal?
Does that stuff really work?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2021 2:17 PM, Mario wrote:
Anyone use any of the Flex products such as Flex Glue and Flex Seal?
Does that stuff really work?

My son has a pool business. He has used the Flex Seal a couple of times
and said it works. No idea how long it will last though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 14:22:22 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/14/2021 2:17 PM, Mario wrote:
Anyone use any of the Flex products such as Flex Glue and Flex Seal?
Does that stuff really work?

My son has a pool business. He has used the Flex Seal a couple of times
and said it works. No idea how long it will last though.

No doubt long enough to shoot a commercial but I wouldn't take that
screen door boat out far from shore.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 15, 2021 at 1:23:31 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 14:57:04 -0600, Francis S
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 15:19:59 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 14:22:22 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/14/2021 2:17 PM, Mario wrote:
Anyone use any of the Flex products such as Flex Glue and Flex Seal?
Does that stuff really work?

My son has a pool business. He has used the Flex Seal a couple of times
and said it works. No idea how long it will last though.

No doubt long enough to shoot a commercial but I wouldn't take that
screen door boat out far from shore.

I've been curious to pick up some Flex Seal and test it myself.
Haven't actually followed through though. Would be curious to see how
it holds up long time.

This stuff is basically Petroleum Asphalt (pitch) in a solvent carrier
and I suspect as it dries out it will get brittle and crack.
(basically lose it's flex)
That is the same problem you have with tar based roof cement. Once the
solvent carriers boil away it shrinks and gets brittle.
YMMV based on sun, heat and exposure to the elements.

I suspect you're wrong about that too. It looks more like an RTV type product
to me. You'd have to be nuts to base a product like that on crude asphalt today
when so much better solutions are available that will actually work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 14:17:32 -0500, Mario wrote:

Anyone use any of the Flex products such as Flex Glue and Flex Seal?
Does that stuff really work?

I would also want to know the shelf-life, pot-life, environmental impact, and disposal
recommendations.

--
also curious
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2021 12:57 PM, croy wrote:
On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 14:17:32 -0500, Mario wrote:

Anyone use any of the Flex products such as Flex Glue and Flex Seal?
Does that stuff really work?

I would also want to know the shelf-life, pot-life, environmental impact, and disposal
recommendations.

(833) 411-3539

Please let us know your findings.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Read the MSDS and get back to me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Depends on the product.
I don't see pitch on it. Don't recognize the chemicals aside from
carbon black.
https://images.homedepot-static.com/...15fb993b0a.pdf

This one does have asphalt.
http://www.haywood.k12.nc.us/mainten...rochem-Mfg.pdf

No asphalt here
https://static-assets-solatube.s3.am...ng-sealant.pdf

Trade Name: AV-248 Flexseal
Ingredient (s):
Dibutyl Maleate Percent: 35-50
CAS Number: 105-76-0
OSHA PEL: N/A ACGIH TLV: N/A
Poly(oxyalkylene) Polyol Percent: 30-50

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 14 Feb 2021 14:17:32 -0500, Mario
wrote:

Anyone use any of the Flex products such as Flex Glue and Flex Seal?
Does that stuff really work?

https://www.google.com/search?client...x-seal+reviews

For example:
https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/getflexseal.com
1.4 stars out of five from 99 reviews
https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...heck/index.htm

but Amazon reviews are better.
https://www.amazon.com/Flex-Seal-Rub...ews/B00LBE1CJM

There are more that I did not look at

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

This is the one I was talking about

http://www.haywood.k12.nc.us/mainten...rochem-Mfg.pdf
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

From all that I see, that is not the product that we're talking about, ie the one sold on
TV as a flex sealant, that they used to make a boat, etc. Your link is to a chem company
in CA that appears to have a product by the same name. Here is the MSDS from HomeDepot
for the TV Flex Seal and it's formulation is totally different, synthetic.

https://images.homedepot-static.com/...15fb993b0a.pdf

Which seems very logical to me, you're not going to put a boat together with ashphalt
cement, but it's certainly possible with modern RTV or similar sealants.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

From all that I see, that is not the product that we're talking about, ie the one sold on
TV as a flex sealant, that they used to make a boat, etc. Your link is to a chem company
in CA that appears to have a product by the same name. Here is the MSDS from HomeDepot
for the TV Flex Seal and it's formulation is totally different, synthetic.

https://images.homedepot-static.com/...15fb993b0a.pdf

Which seems very logical to me, you're not going to put a boat together with ashphalt
cement, but it's certainly possible with modern RTV or similar sealants.

I don't know. If it is sold by a guy screaming at me on TV, I assume
it is snake oil. That is just what I found. If you want to try it, go
for it.
You will know if it is RTV right away by the smell but I have never
seen RTV in a spray can.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

From all that I see, that is not the product that we're talking about, ie the one sold on
TV as a flex sealant, that they used to make a boat, etc. Your link is to a chem company
in CA that appears to have a product by the same name. Here is the MSDS from HomeDepot
for the TV Flex Seal and it's formulation is totally different, synthetic.

https://images.homedepot-static.com/...15fb993b0a.pdf

Which seems very logical to me, you're not going to put a boat together with ashphalt
cement, but it's certainly possible with modern RTV or similar sealants.

I don't know. If it is sold by a guy screaming at me on TV, I assume
it is snake oil. That is just what I found. If you want to try it, go
for it.
You will know if it is RTV right away by the smell but I have never
seen RTV in a spray can.

Ask the mypillow guy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

From all that I see, that is not the product that we're talking about, ie the one sold on
TV as a flex sealant, that they used to make a boat, etc. Your link is to a chem company
in CA that appears to have a product by the same name. Here is the MSDS from HomeDepot
for the TV Flex Seal and it's formulation is totally different, synthetic.

https://images.homedepot-static.com/...15fb993b0a.pdf

Which seems very logical to me, you're not going to put a boat together with ashphalt
cement, but it's certainly possible with modern RTV or similar sealants.

I don't know. If it is sold by a guy screaming at me on TV, I assume
it is snake oil. That is just what I found. If you want to try it, go
for it.
You will know if it is RTV right away by the smell but I have never
seen RTV in a spray can.

Ask the mypillow guy.

Good analogy. I'm advertising adverse myself and figure if a ton of
money is spent in advertising the product I'm going to pay for it.
Similar and much cheaper products are available.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 16 Feb 2021 15:29:22 -0800 (PST), WGUV
wrote:

Ask the mypillow guy.

What's wrong with the pillows we always used.

Down, feathers, even chopped foam rubber?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Ask the mypillow guy.

What's wrong with the pillows we always used.

Down, feathers, even chopped foam rubber?

If you buy a My Pillow you can feel good about a portion of you money
going to support the Trump campaign. That helps you sleep better.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Flex products such as Flex Glue and Flex Seal
Depending on the environment, coats added, and maintenance, many people have found Flex Seal will last for years without cracking, peeling or losing any of its strength or sealing properties.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-3096865-.htm