Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Misc about DC today

1) This crowd at the capitol today is small compared to the number who
had Thanksgiving, Xmas, or New Years with big bunches of people, but
with all cross-traffic, the mingling, no masks, no distance, maybe some
yelling, the surge in Corona among the people who were there and
everyone they meet in the coming 10 or more days will be enormous. And
apparently they came in flights from many different cities. Another
superspreader event, by people who don't understand the American system
and don't understand disease transmission or mathematics either.

2) I don't think the House or Senate has to be in their own chamber to
due their duties tonight. While those places are being swept and
deoderized, there are surely rooms in the House or Senate office
buildings, across the street from the Capitol, connected by tunnels,
where they can meet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/6/2021 10:49 PM, micky wrote:
1) This crowd at the capitol today is small compared to the number who
had Thanksgiving, Xmas, or New Years with big bunches of people, but
with all cross-traffic, the mingling, no masks, no distance, maybe some
yelling, the surge in Corona among the people who were there and
everyone they meet in the coming 10 or more days will be enormous. And
apparently they came in flights from many different cities. Another
superspreader event, by people who don't understand the American system
and don't understand disease transmission or mathematics either.

Did you hear about the "hug a superspreader" trump rally?

2) I don't think the House or Senate has to be in their own chamber to
due their duties tonight. While those places are being swept and
deoderized, there are surely rooms in the House or Senate office
buildings, across the street from the Capitol, connected by tunnels,
where they can meet.

It seems the house has a suitable large room available.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 6 Jan 2021 15:40:54 -0800, Bob F
wrote:

On 1/6/2021 10:49 PM, micky wrote:
1) This crowd at the capitol today is small compared to the number who
had Thanksgiving, Xmas, or New Years with big bunches of people, but
with all cross-traffic, the mingling, no masks, no distance, maybe some
yelling, the surge in Corona among the people who were there and
everyone they meet in the coming 10 or more days will be enormous. And
apparently they came in flights from many different cities. Another
superspreader event, by people who don't understand the American system
and don't understand disease transmission or mathematics either.

Did you hear about the "hug a superspreader" trump rally?

I'm not sure. A lot are like that but if there's a special one for
hugging, I want to go.

2) I don't think the House or Senate has to be in their own chamber to
due their duties tonight. While those places are being swept and
deoderized, there are surely rooms in the House or Senate office
buildings, across the street from the Capitol, connected by tunnels,
where they can meet.

It seems the house has a suitable large room available.

At least the Senate is meeting now in the regular Senate room, starting
at 8PM. I would have thought the Capitol building including all the
closets couldn't be swept in only, what, less than 3 hours?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-...6c85d8bdd29892
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

And it turns out there were pipe bombs planted, not in the Capitol but
at DemPartyHq and RPH. Seems to me it could have been as easily done in
the Capitol where one would get both parties at the same time.