Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Koolaid With a TV Dinner???

Blame Nebraskans. A list of some things invented
in Nebraska:
https://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/nebraska/12-things-invented-in-nebraska/collection_9317c5df-fcee-5a73-9891-6e4c1d3cabf7.html#anchor_item_5
Some big city type must've written this. There is no mention of
center pivots.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/29/2020 09:58 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Blame Nebraskans. A list of some things invented
in Nebraska:
https://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/nebraska/12-things-invented-in-nebraska/collection_9317c5df-fcee-5a73-9891-6e4c1d3cabf7.html#anchor_item_5

Some big city type must've written this. There is no mention of
center pivots.

https://www.tlirr.com/news/history-of-the-pivot/
https://livinghistoryfarm.org/farmin.../water_05.html
https://livinghistoryfarm.org/farmin.../water_09.html
https://www.invent.org/inductees/frank-zybach

Apparently Zybach grew up in Nebraska but headed west to Colorado before
his brainstorm. Daugherty bought the rights.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 11:50:03 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

https://www.tlirr.com/news/history-of-the-pivot/
https://livinghistoryfarm.org/farmin.../water_05.html
https://livinghistoryfarm.org/farmin.../water_09.html
https://www.invent.org/inductees/frank-zybach

Wow! FOUR links in a row! Is that some sort of fetish of yours? ...searching
for and posting links? BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/29/20 12:50 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/29/2020 09:58 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â* Blame Nebraskans.Â* A list of some things invented
in Nebraska:
https://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/nebraska/12-things-invented-in-nebraska/collection_9317c5df-fcee-5a73-9891-6e4c1d3cabf7.html#anchor_item_5

Â*Â*Â* Some big cityÂ* type must've written this.Â* There is no mention of
center pivots.

https://www.tlirr.com/news/history-of-the-pivot/
https://livinghistoryfarm.org/farmin.../water_05.html
https://livinghistoryfarm.org/farmin.../water_09.html
https://www.invent.org/inductees/frank-zybach

Apparently Zybach grew up in Nebraska but headed west to Colorado before
his brainstorm. Daugherty bought the rights.

I searched for Colorado inventions and didn't find them on the sites
that showed up. Here's an example:
https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/colorado/co-inventions/
Maybe it's because there are so few sold relatively speaking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/29/2020 12:18 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
[...]

Apparently the only thing invented in Montana was the Holter heart
monitor that makes the searches. They missed beaverslides:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaverslide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63yIf8wgKI0

Grant-Kohrs is a National Historic Site and is maintained as a working
ranch over in Deer Lodge. There still are some beaverslides around
although most people use tractors rather than teams.

Right around here it's mostly wheel lines or hand lines. Moving pipe
gives the kids something to do.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 15:30:55 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Apparently the only thing invented in Montana was the Holter heart
monitor that makes the searches. They missed beaverslides:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaverslide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63yIf8wgKI0

The senile "link-provider" struck again! Does it make you feel more
important, senile blabbermouth? LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at 11:58:12 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote in alt.home.repair:
Blame Nebraskans. A list of some things invented
in Nebraska:
https://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/nebraska/12-things-invented-in-nebraska/collection_9317c5df-fcee-5a73-9891-6e4c1d3cabf7.html#anchor_item_5
Some big city type must've written this. There is no mention of
center pivots.

A TV dinner serving Chinese food? Italian? French?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 29 Dec 2020 10:58:01 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

Blame Nebraskans. A list of some things invented
in Nebraska:
https://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/nebraska/12-things-invented-in-nebraska/collection_9317c5df-fcee-5a73-9891-6e4c1d3cabf7.html#anchor_item_5
Some big city type must've written this. There is no mention of
center pivots.

I looked up center pivots. Pretty interesting. I've seen them of
course but didn't know what they were called.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 29 Dec 2020 13:18:19 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

[...]

Apparently tampons were invented there.

Around 1973, I went to Europe and visited an ex-traveling partner in
Belgium. She was starting her summer trip and her boyfriend backed out
so I went. Strictly platonic, not my type. In Czechoslovakia, she got
somewhat sick so we went to a small-town hospital. Floors made of grey
cement, almost no medical equipment, not much lighting, just like the
stereotype of a communist country. Although also because it's
communist, they treated her for free.

After the exam, she told me that the doctor saw the string hanging down
from her, and s/he thought that was the problem. Had never seen it
before.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Blame Nebraskans. A list of some things invented
in Nebraska:
https://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/nebraska/12-things-invented-in-nebraska/collection_9317c5df-fcee-5a73-9891-6e4c1d3cabf7.html#anchor_item_5
Some big city type must've written this. There is no mention of
center pivots.

I looked up center pivots. Pretty interesting. I've seen them of
course but didn't know what they were called.

I spent my working years around them. Pivot work is a dead end
job but it put
food on my table. Being outside is a plus most days. I got to work
alone most
of the time.
Most irrigation in my area was furrow irrigation using gated pipe
back in the 1970s. That required ground that was leveled for the water
to flow. People had to lay the pipe out each year on the higher end,
then open and close the gates as the water reached the low end. Picking
up the pipe was another job at the end of the irrigation season.
That took a lot of time plus limited what ground could be irrigated.
It wasn't all that
efficient. Even the old water drives could be used on more uneven ground.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Being a communist HCW, he was probably expecting having no strings
attached.