Posted to alt.home.repair

Default the only appropriate costume

On 11/2/20 2:07 PM, marika wrote:
I called the snow removal company today, no answer but left message they must clear paths on the side and back of house. they kept forgetting to do it last year. It was part of our contract, and why they cant remember to do it, I do not know.

In fact after one of the March blizzards I was there when they arrived and I made them shovel even additional walk paths in the GRASS from the pen to the cheremxha and around the butterfly bush, for the chickens. They are being paid plenty enough for this work, the least they could do is clear the concrete part of the patio.

After watching news and radio and talking with people at work , I learned the entire mid Atlantic corridor was at a standstill during the same 5 hours that I was that March. Looking back on it, and seeing all the trucks that had been sidelined that night, I am honestly surprised now that I didnt end up just spending the entire night in the car . All roads were clear and stranded cars were gone when I left for work 7am though.

I have also learned that among the reasons why it was so horrible is that plows were NOT dispatched , until long after the storm had already hit its stride, because nobody thought it was going .to be an actual accumulating storm. They thought it was going to be a dusting and then rain, did not expect so much snow and ice, and they blamed the weather forecasters for not getting the forecast right

By the time plows went out it was too late.

Im thinking they must all be morons, because what happened matched precisely with what the forecast said would happen. Snow start at noon, 3-5 inches, then ice, then rain overnight. And that is exactly what happened. They rarely get it so right, as they did that time.

Some guy at work said I should consider getting a rechargeable €śbattery snowshovel€ť he said it is a DREAM when shoveling and makes the job 1000 times easier. I have never heard of such a thing, and cant imagine what a battery operated shovel could possibly €śdo€ť to make shoveling easier, but he swears by it. Perhaps we need one for the gift basket.

especially if it snows bad this year

mk5000

Oh-oh ooh oh
I keep forgetting I should let you go
But when you look at me
The only memory
Is us kissing in the moonlight (oh)

source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/sound...youlyrics.html

That was on the long list of things I'd never heard or.
It looks like a snow blower to me.
https://tinyurl.com/y7efjcd8
Posted to alt.home.repair

Some guy at work said I should consider getting a rechargeable battery snowshovel
especially if it snows bad this year
mk5000

That was on the long list of things I'd never heard or.
It looks like a snow blower to me.
https://tinyurl.com/y7efjcd8

Here's a battery powered blower :

https://tinyurl.com/y95d5o8o