Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I'm so tired of having to wear a mask all the time.

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 23 Nov 2020 20:14:56 -0800, Bob F
wrote:

On 11/23/2020 5:23 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 23 Nov 2020 12:54:35 -0800, Bob F
wrote:

On 11/23/2020 12:48 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 23 Nov 2020 11:05:53 -0600, Sam E
wrote:

Consider the possibility that you have already had the disease but
didn't notice and are now immune and have nothing to worry about.

I'm sure I have not, but today I found out that because I'm having a
medical procedure on Wednesday, they insist I have a corona test on
Monday. So I will.

They won't be anywhere near my mouth or nose, so I wonder why they care
so much, but I'm not going to ask until afterwards. I don't want to
poke them.

I had 5 tests in 3 weeks or so do to medical procedures.

Wow. I hope you passed all the tests and procedures.

So far, so good. It seems that a test within 3 days is a requirement for
hospital procedures here.

Here, the same woman who said I had to take the test on Monday for a
procedure on Wednesday gave me a form that said I had to take it on
Saturday. In general 72 hours in advance. But when I called the
actual lab, another woman agreed 42 hours was enough. 11:45Monday for a
test maybe 7AM on Wednesday. It's slightly unnerving that the form
didn't agree with them. I hope the test has been processed by next
Wednesay, 8 days from now.

I tried to find out which test it was, but all she said was up your nose
with a rubber hose. or someething like that.

Is that PCR, or antibodies, or something or all of them via the nose?

If you've had 5 tests, you should be an authority. If you cared.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That would be PCR. The first place I got tested was do-it-yourself. They
hand you a q-tip, and tell you to swirl it around twice in each nostril.
the ones at the hospital was in a parking garage, you drive up, show
them your ID through the window, then roll the windows down, they hand
you a kleenex, then you remove your mask, and they stick a long Q-tip
way up your nose and swirl it around. Very unpleasant! That, I assume is
the PCR test we heard about early on.

Antibodies would be a blood sample I believe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I had one of those tests years ago for some reason. Yes, very
unpleasant.

That, I assume is
the PCR test we heard about early on.

Antibodies would be a blood sample I believe.

Thanks. I'll look up moree about PCR tests. And I'll ask them, next
Monday.