Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repair parts from H F

Has anyone ever purchased repair parts from harber freight? I have a $200 item with a burnt out motor.I wonder if it is worth trying to repair.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/20 5:40 AM, herb white wrote:
Has anyone ever purchased repair parts from harber freight? I have a $200 item with a burnt out motor.I wonder if it is worth trying to repair.

What item specifically?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 6:45:44 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 8/28/20 5:40 AM, herb white wrote:
Has anyone ever purchased repair parts from harber freight? I have a $200 item with a burnt out motor.I wonder if it is worth trying to repair.

What item specifically?

A 1500lb hoist for lifting the front end of a riding mower
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 6:49:26 AM UTC-4, herb white wrote:
On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 6:45:44 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 8/28/20 5:40 AM, herb white wrote:
Has anyone ever purchased repair parts from harber freight? I have a $200 item with a burnt out motor.I wonder if it is worth trying to repair.

What item specifically?

A 1500lb hoist for lifting the front end of a riding mower

No experience there, but surprised the hoist would cost $200 at HF. Another
option is if the motor can be identified you may be able to buy one elsewhere,
eg Ebay.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 03:40:59 -0700 (PDT), herb white
wrote:

Has anyone ever purchased repair parts from harber freight?
I have a $200 item with a burnt out motor.
I wonder if it is worth trying to repair.

You might consider picking up the phone
and calling your local H.F. and asking them.

Your local store might endeavor to look-up your huge
purchase history and decide to bend-over-backwards
to keep you a happy camper ? .. whereas the store
in Tujunga or Irondequoit may have different
customer service standards .. just sayin'
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Has anyone ever purchased repair parts from harber freight?
I have a $200 item with a burnt out motor.I wonder if it is worth trying to repair.

What item specifically?

A 1500lb hoist for lifting the front end of a riding mower

No experience there, but surprised the hoist would cost $200 at HF. Another
option is if the motor can be identified you may be able to buy one elsewhere,
eg Ebay.

Yep - but order a larger motor -
so it doesn't burn out when using it to lift the car .. ;-)
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 28 Aug 2020 03:40:59 -0700 (PDT), herb white
wrote:

Has anyone ever purchased repair parts from harber freight? I have a $200 item with a burnt out motor.I wonder if it is worth trying to repair.

Do you know yet if they sell the motor?

And yes, you might get the motor on ebay, or elsewhere on the web.

What made it burn out? Cheap motor? You overloaded it? ??
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Has anyone ever purchased repair parts from harber freight? I have a $200 item with a burnt out motor.I wonder if it is worth trying to repair.

Generally repair parts are NOT available unless it is a close enough
clone of some brand name tool and the part is available through them.