DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   kenmore dehumidifier problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/67829-kenmore-dehumidifier-problem.html)

Mike Muderick September 4th 04 10:01 AM

kenmore dehumidifier problem

I have a Sears 50 pint dehumidifier- brand new. When filled with water, the
float seems to be working fine in the bucket. The red switch shuts off the
unit properly when pushed. Yet, when the bucket is properly inserted in the
unit, the float does not always shut the unit off- hence water on the floor.
Am I doing something wrong? A Sears employee told me there are a number of
these brought back for this problem. Is there a simple answer for this
design flaw like a different bucket? I'd appreciate any response to
.

thanks

m Ransley September 4th 04 12:37 PM

Amazing, a defect in those dam things . My 3 mo old 50 pt Sears wont
reset the float and the humidistat broke. My 3 yr old sears is fine. So
it looks like a different unit would be best as this is affecting alot
of units.