kaasman

Default Sandpaper slips off sander.

Hi,

I have a Ryobi 1/4 sheet square sander. I bought it just a week ago.
The first few days it worked fine but now the sandpaper start sliding
off sideways almost immediately after I put a new sheet on. I tried
cleaning it , but nothing seems to help.
Doe anybody have any suggestions?

peter

dadiOH

kaasman wrote:
Hi,

I have a Ryobi 1/4 sheet square sander. I bought it just a week ago.
The first few days it worked fine but now the sandpaper start
sliding off sideways almost immediately after I put a new sheet on.
I tried cleaning it , but nothing seems to help.
Doe anybody have any suggestions?

The paper has to be secured under a clamp arrangement when you put it on.
You doing that?

--
dadiOH
_____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
____________________________

Phisherman

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:35:00 GMT, kaasman wrote:

Hi,

I have a Ryobi 1/4 sheet square sander. I bought it just a week ago.
The first few days it worked fine but now the sandpaper start sliding
off sideways almost immediately after I put a new sheet on. I tried
cleaning it , but nothing seems to help.
Doe anybody have any suggestions?

peter

Contact the manufacturer. If there is a design fault, you should get
some kind of fix or suggestion. I have a 1/4 sheet Black and Decker
palm sander, still going strong after 15 years of use. My Porter
Cable random orbit sander kept blowing off its dust canister, but
after contacting Porter Cable, they sent me a new canister (new
corrected design) that has stayed put. I have a Ryobi belt sander
that has given good service for over 9 years.
kaasman

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:28:27 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

kaasman wrote:
Hi,

I have a Ryobi 1/4 sheet square sander. I bought it just a week ago.
The first few days it worked fine but now the sandpaper start
sliding off sideways almost immediately after I put a new sheet on.
I tried cleaning it , but nothing seems to help.
Doe anybody have any suggestions?

The paper has to be secured under a clamp arrangement when you put it on.
You doing that?

Yes, it has two clips to hold it. It starts slipping sideways out of
one of them. Nothing seems wrong with them.

peter

JerryMouse

wrote:

kaasman wrote:
Hi,

I have a Ryobi 1/4 sheet square sander. I bought it just a week ago.
The first few days it worked fine but now the sandpaper start
sliding off sideways almost immediately after I put a new sheet on.
I tried cleaning it , but nothing seems to help.
Doe anybody have any suggestions?

The paper has to be secured under a clamp arrangement when you put
it on. You doing that?

Yes, it has two clips to hold it. It starts slipping sideways out of
one of them. Nothing seems wrong with them.

peter

Adjust the tension (somehow)
Use adhesive sandpaper.

Brian Homan

I usually have to fold one end over to get enough thickness to hold the
sheet on my B/D sander so it doesn't slide out. Only one end needs folded,
does ot matter which end. Dust away.
wrote:

kaasman wrote:
Hi,

I have a Ryobi 1/4 sheet square sander. I bought it just a week ago.
The first few days it worked fine but now the sandpaper start
sliding off sideways almost immediately after I put a new sheet on.
I tried cleaning it , but nothing seems to help.
Doe anybody have any suggestions?

The paper has to be secured under a clamp arrangement when you put
it on. You doing that?

Yes, it has two clips to hold it. It starts slipping sideways out of
one of them. Nothing seems wrong with them.

peter

Adjust the tension (somehow)
Use adhesive sandpaper.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to kaasman, Linda wrote:
On Youtube someone suggested simply adding a little sandpaper into each end.
Gives it more to hold onto.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-547556-.htm