MC

Default Determine tonnage of AC unit

I have a HEIL furnace AC setup. How can I detemine the tonnage of the AC
unit.

The outside condensor info is
Date: 11/87
Model: CA303VKA1
867 800040
Style: 30BC-00087CR
S/N: L8744 22380
MFR No: NCA303VKA1

Any help will be appriciated.

Thanks,
MC

~KJPRO~

.. .

Date: 11/87
Model: CA303VKA1
867 800040
Style: 30BC-00087CR
S/N: L8744 22380
MFR No: NCA303VKA1

Any help will be appriciated.

Thanks,
MC

Are you sure of the model?
Should be i.e. CA5530VKA1

But anyway, made 44th week in 87, 2.5 ton, 10 SEER unit.

Problem? Replacing?

If so, the contractor needs to perform a Manual J to insure the new
equipment is properly sized.

~kjpro~

Steve@carolinabreezehvac

.. .

Date: 11/87
Model: CA303VKA1
867 800040
Style: 30BC-00087CR
S/N: L8744 22380
MFR No: NCA303VKA1

Any help will be appriciated.

Thanks,
MC

2.5 tons...

PrecisionMachinisT

"MC" wrote in message
.. .

Had a friend in the business do the Manual clacs and due to the heat loss

he
came up with (not very effecient windows and need more insulation in

attic)
he said he would have went with a 3-ton unit for my size house. Also he

said
that with better insulation in the attaic I could still squese by with

using
a 3-ton with enclosing the garage, would also need to modify some of the
ducting to get better flow for adding the garage which I had anticipated.

I was also thinking of adding addtional 600 Sq feet on back of garage,

half
would be an upstairs office on the new addtion.

If I did that and after having a more thorough calc done, would a two zone
system be better? say devide living and bedroom areas and would two

systems
be just half each or at least total what a single system would be ? If a

two
system what areas would be best put on what zone ?

I think if I was you I would probly look into putting a wall shaker on the
garage / addition.......

IOW, how often will there actually be a need to keep those areas cool ???

--

SVL

MC

Thanks to all for the info .

The model was what was listed on the decal on the side of the outside unit.

Even though my system does cool enough, it does struggle on hotter days here
in the humid southeast (I can water my lawn from the condinsation drain on
those days !)

Had a friend in the business do the Manual clacs and due to the heat loss he
came up with (not very effecient windows and need more insulation in attic)
he said he would have went with a 3-ton unit for my size house. Also he said
that with better insulation in the attaic I could still squese by with using
a 3-ton with enclosing the garage, would also need to modify some of the
ducting to get better flow for adding the garage which I had anticipated.

I was also thinking of adding addtional 600 Sq feet on back of garage, half
would be an upstairs office on the new addtion.

If I did that and after having a more thorough calc done, would a two zone
system be better? say devide living and bedroom areas and would two systems
be just half each or at least total what a single system would be ? If a two
system what areas would be best put on what zone ?

ThanksMC

"Steve@carolinabreezehvac" wrote
in message ...

.. .