Brikp

Default Furring a wall?

Probably easiest - You could also sister new studs stickig out 3/4".
advantage here is you can make them plumb and in same plane if thats a
concern.
"DaveC" wrote in message
al.net...
Demolished plaster covering on bath wall; studs remain. Installing

green-back
gypsum board.

The flanges of the vent stack that runs up one bay of the wall protrudes

3/4
inch.

Is there any option other than furring the entire wall? It's not a

difficult
task (wall is 5 ft wide, 8 ft tall), but I'm just wondering what options
there are.

Thanks,

DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

Randy Jones

Is there any option other than furring the entire wall and if so what is/are
it/they?

"Lyle B. Harwood" wrote in message
In article et, DaveC
wrote:

? Is there any option other than furring the entire wall?

Yes, there is.

Best of luck, and let us know how it comes out!

--
Lyle B. Harwood, President
Phoenix Homes, Inc.

video on plastering TXXT123 UK diy 9 September 2nd 04 11:21 PM
Deck Set on Retaining Wall jacktripper Home Repair 6 July 22nd 04 06:22 PM
"Damp" internal wall - initial measurements made. Any ideas? Clive Long,UK UK diy 5 January 30th 04 09:28 AM
Bad odor coming from expansion joint around interior wall of home John Hughes Home Repair 2 December 9th 03 06:05 PM
Dry Rock Retaining Wall RedHeadAllDay Home Repair 4 August 18th 03 02:12 PM