barry martin

Default Covering Glass Doors for

Hi Dorothy!

D I posted before and didn't get an answer. Does anyone have any suggestions
D about how to cover double glass doors (four doors total, all together). Bec
use
D of the concrete lintelle at the top, we cannot get screws to go in far enou
D to hold.

Is it possible to use a masonary bit to drill into the conrete, then
use plastic anchors to hold the screws?

D The house was built in 1983 - and there must be lots of other people with t
is
D same problem. We can screw plywood to the sides - but not across the top a
D that still leaves those two doors exposed.
D Help please - there's another hurricane brewing and we need to be better
D prepared.

Hopefully it will miss you!

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Not with a full deck: Bad spot on the disk.
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *
Dorot29701

Thanks. Friday everything was such a mess here - we tried drilling into the
concrete and it just didn't work. My DH stopped in at HD and Lowe's and looked
at the Ramsets - I think both stores rent the heavier equipment. Anyway, while
he was in there he bought some new drill bits. Today we tested the new ones
out - and they drilled into the concrete with no problem.

So - we know what the problem was and now have a Hurricane Kit complete with
new drill bits and Tapcon screws, duct tape and plastic. That's just for the
outside.

Dorothy