Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fiberglass under skin

I had really bad dermatitis last year, then a flood in attic, ceiling literally fell around my ears, I'd just moved in, new carpets etc, the flood caused havoc, worst of all its been 8 months and fiberglass still in hands, tried everything, even cream off doc doesn't help, anyone got suggestions cos I'm losing the will to live, my skin just doesn't want to spit it out
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 9 Jul 2020 03:43:46 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I had really bad dermatitis last year, then a flood in attic, ceiling literally fell around my ears, I'd just moved in, new carpets etc, the flood caused havoc, worst of all its been 8 months and fiberglass still in hands, tried everything, even cream off doc doesn't help, anyone got suggestions cos I'm losing the will to live, my skin just doesn't want to spit it out

You've been to a board-certified dermatologist?

I presume it hurts? How deep does it seem to be?

Sort of related: I had a bump on the outer side of my foot, and I
thought it would be spit out, as you put it, but years went by.

I even picked at it myself with a knife, but I could only see it with a
mirror. Going to the dermatologist was so easy I think I should have
skipped the knife part.

Then I found some strange thing on my back (finally thought to use a
camera to see it, instead of two mirrors), got an appointment that very
day (probably because the virus had caused people to cancel) and he told
me it was a wart.

I told him I'd never seen one before. And he said the thing on my
foot was also a wart. He sprayed them with liquid nitrogen and it
worked on the back starting within a day and finishing in 3 or 4. But I
guess he didn't spray enough on my foot. I may go back. I'm making a
list of about 5 other things on my skin that are not perfect, none of
which would be worth seeing a doctor for by themselves, but if I'm
there, I should ask about all of them.