DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Selling Used Air-Conditioners and Gas Furnaces (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/651378-re-selling-used-air-conditioners-gas-furnaces.html)

[email protected] July 2nd 20 07:08 PM

Selling Used Air-Conditioners and Gas Furnaces

On Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 4:06:20 PM UTC-6, New Question wrote:
Is there a market for used, full house air-conditioners and full house gas
furnaces? Where would we sell them? We are talking about the kind of
air-conditioners and gas furnaces that are used to heat a standard,
two-story, $200,000, suburban home.

I have several units available if anyone is still looking.

Leo Isenteze July 2nd 20 07:16 PM

On 7/2/2020 2:08 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 4:06:20 PM UTC-6, New Question wrote:
Is there a market for used, full house air-conditioners and full house gas
furnaces? Where would we sell them? We are talking about the kind of
air-conditioners and gas furnaces that are used to heat a standard,
two-story, $200,000, suburban home.

I have several units available if anyone is still looking.

If they have been looking for 16 years they aren't going to buy one.

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] July 2nd 20 07:27 PM

On 7/2/2020 2:16 PM, Leo Isenteze wrote:
On 7/2/2020 2:08 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 4:06:20 PM UTC-6, New Question wrote:
Is there a market for used, full house air-conditioners and full
house gas
furnaces?Â* Where would we sell them?Â* We are talking about the kind of
air-conditioners and gas furnaces that are used to heat a standard,
two-story, $200,000, suburban home.

I have several units available if anyone is still looking.

If they have been looking for 16 years they aren't going to buy one.

Not to mention that anything used is even older and not very efficient.

trader_4 July 2nd 20 07:29 PM

On Thursday, July 2, 2020 at 2:16:26 PM UTC-4, Leo Isenteze wrote:
On 7/2/2020 2:08 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 4:06:20 PM UTC-6, New Question wrote:
Is there a market for used, full house air-conditioners and full house gas
furnaces? Where would we sell them? We are talking about the kind of
air-conditioners and gas furnaces that are used to heat a standard,
two-story, $200,000, suburban home.

I have several units available if anyone is still looking.

If they have been looking for 16 years they aren't going to buy one.

And given the total cost, which includes installation, IMO a homeowner would
be nuts to buy used eqpt. I doubt pros would buy some unknown used HVAC eqpt
either.

Bob F July 2nd 20 10:24 PM

On 7/2/2020 2:08 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 4:06:20 PM UTC-6, New Question wrote:
Is there a market for used, full house air-conditioners and full
house gas
furnaces?Â* Where would we sell them?Â* We are talking about the kind of
air-conditioners and gas furnaces that are used to heat a standard,
two-story, $200,000, suburban home.

I have several units available if anyone is still looking.

If they have been looking for 16 years they aren't going to buy one.

Not to mention that anything used is even older and not very efficient.

I just picked up a furnace for my shop. 80,00 btu, dual heat, 95%, 15
years old. Looks to be in excellent condition. Cost, zip. Just drove a
mile and loaded it into my van. It won't get much use, so should last me
as long as I need.

Bob F July 2nd 20 10:27 PM

On 7/2/2020 11:08 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 4:06:20 PM UTC-6, New Question wrote:
Is there a market for used, full house air-conditioners and full house gas
furnaces? Where would we sell them? We are talking about the kind of
air-conditioners and gas furnaces that are used to heat a standard,
two-story, $200,000, suburban home.

I have several units available if anyone is still looking.

Post them on Craigslist in your town.