Posted to alt.home.repair

Default used clothing @ wal-mt

Someone told me that wal-mt will start selling used clothes. Have you heard of this? If so when. Keep me informed...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/29/20 6:34 AM, wrote:
Someone told me that wal-mt will start selling used clothes. Have you heard of this? If so when. Keep me informed...

thr-ep

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 30 May 2020 17:55:06 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

On Friday, May 29, 2020 at 12:36:39 PM UTC-4, Hawk wrote:
On 5/29/2020 6:34 AM, wrote:
Someone told me that wal-mt will start selling used clothes. Have you heard of this? If so when. Keep me informed...

In addition to the Salvation Army store, there are a few stores in my
area call "Rejuvenation" which sell used clothing and are doing very
well. I actually found some nice shirts in both stores. Though I haven't
heard of Walmart entering this market, perhaps due to the success of
others, maybe they're trying to do the same.

The thrift store industry says if you can get a $100 shirt for $5 at Goodwill and a $5 shirt for $3.99 at Walmart, the average consumer will go to Walmart every time. Fascinating book called Secondhand.
https://www.amazon.com/Secondhand-Tr.../dp/1635570107

In Racine Wis. the Goodwill store had all the clothes sortesd by size
and by color. Shopping went pretty quick. 1970. Baltimore by 1990,
very little sorting if any. So much easier/quicker to shop at a store
than a thrift store. But I don't go to walmart, except once I needed
short pants and had no desire to hunt for them. So I got them off the
walmart catalog and picked them up from the desk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/29/2020 6:34 AM, wrote:
[...]

I've picked up some pretty good deals at local thrift shops and some
pretty sketchy crap at WalMart. The shirt deals (and slacks too) at
Costco are generally pretty darn good - and the quality is pertty
good.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/29/2020 6:34 AM, wrote:
[...]

Back in the Johnny Carson era, I remember a stand-up comedian who said he
was tired of sending his shirts out every week to be laundered and pressed.
It was costing too much, like $3 per shirt or whatever. So he decided he
was going to just drop off his dirty shirts at Goodwill, wait a couple of
days, then go back and buy them off the rack for $0.75 each.