Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bissell big green machine " Won't spray,"

Everything else works but quit spraying out liquid?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...y-1218297-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/2020 6:44 PM, Sheri Brown wrote:
Everything else works but quit spraying out liquid?

First thing I would do is remove and clean all tubing and the spray
nozzle. Could be dried up residue from the last use.

If that does nothing I'd see of the pump can be opened up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 5 May 2020 22:44:03 +0000, Sheri Brown
m wrote:

Everything else works but quit spraying out liquid?

The unit was likely put away with soap in the pump and it stuck.
Happened to my big blue Bissel. I took it apart and rapped on the pump
with the power on and it freed up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

Everything else works but quit spraying out liquid?

The unit was likely put away with soap in the pump and it stuck.
Happened to my big blue Bissel. I took it apart and rapped on the pump
with the power on and it freed up.

I have seen a couple smaller bissels that have a heater in the unit to
heat the water. It corrodes inside and will no longer pass water.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

Everything else works but quit spraying out liquid?

The unit was likely put away with soap in the pump and it stuck.
Happened to my big blue Bissel. I took it apart and rapped on the pump
with the power on and it freed up.

I have seen a couple smaller bissels that have a heater in the unit to
heat the water. It corrodes inside and will no longer pass water.

I wonder if that's what happened to me.