Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Televangelist caught selling fake Covid-19 cure begs for cash to stophim going broke

A televangelist rapped for selling a fake coronavirus cure has taken to
the airwaves to beg followers for cash to stop him going bankrupt. Jim
Bakker says his credit cards have been blocked after he was exposed for
touting a €˜silver solution to cure Covid-19, and told viewers he and
wife Lori face poverty without financial help.

Bakker, who runs a ministry outside Branson, Missouri, said: €˜You
cant use credit cards if you do give to our ministry at this time
because theres a situation. The fraudster, who was convicted of
multiple crimes in the late 1980s, also told viewers what the government
had told him, saying: €˜You sold products that we didnt approve of €“ but
thats not what we did.

He continued his self-pitying rant, saying: €˜SOS, save our station,
save our ship, help us stay on the air. Were asking people to give an
offering, and we need a miracle.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/23/telev...7/?ito=cbshare
--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 29 Apr 2020 18:05:29 +0100, Bod
wrote:

A televangelist rapped for selling a fake coronavirus cure has taken to
the airwaves to beg followers for cash to stop him going bankrupt. Jim
Bakker says his credit cards have been blocked after he was exposed for
touting a ‘silver solution’ to cure Covid-19, and told viewers he and
wife Lori face poverty without financial help.

What happened to Tammy Fay? I'm sending my money to Tammy Fay, not some
interloper like "Lori", a phoney name if I ever saw one.

Bakker, who runs a ministry outside Branson, Missouri, said: ‘You
can’t use credit cards if you do give to our ministry at this time
because there’s a situation.’ The fraudster, who was convicted of
multiple crimes in the late 1980s, also told viewers what the government
had told him, saying: ‘You sold products that we didn’t approve of – but
that’s not what we did.’

You tell 'em, Jim.

He continued his self-pitying rant, saying: ‘SOS, save our station,
save our ship, help us stay on the air. We’re asking people to give an
offering, and we need a miracle.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/23/telev...7/?ito=cbshare

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/29/2020 11:17 AM, micky wrote:
What happened to Tammy Fay? I'm sending my money to Tammy Fay, not some
interloper like "Lori", a phoney name if I ever saw one.

Sorry, Tammy Faye is dead. Anyway she dumped Bakker when he went to jail
and found another meal ticket.

*CASH*CASH*CASH* NeoOne Woodworking 0 January 10th 05 02:42 AM
*CASH*CASH*CASH* NeoOne Home Ownership 0 January 4th 05 02:40 AM
*CASH*CASH*CASH* NeoOne Woodworking 0 January 4th 05 01:56 AM
*CASH*CASH*CASH* NeoOne Woodworking 0 January 4th 05 12:02 AM
*CASH*CASH*CASH* NeoOne Home Ownership 0 January 3rd 05 06:51 AM