Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.usage.english

Default Why is there no opposite of improve?

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 03:54:35 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0jra0te4wdg98l@glass...
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 20:05:39 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0joy3sk4wdg98l@glass...
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 14:42:18 +0100, Hawk wrote:

On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 22:52:17 +0100, Peter Duncanson [BrE]
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 21:25:30 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

Why is there no opposite of improve? If I do work on my house I
improve it. If I do it badly so it doesn't look as good€¦ there is no
word for this.

You might find a ueful word he
https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/improve?s=t

Antonyms for improve
blow
decline
decrease
demote
depress
descend
deteriorate
diminish
drop
halt
hinder
hurt
lessen
lose
lower
recede
reduce
repress
retreat
retrogress
stop
worsen
corrupt
damage
destroy
dirty
dull
pollute
ruin
weaken
harm
injure

None of those work, but someone else suggested "spoiled".

Most will work, you simply coose not to use them.

I wanted the opposite of:
He painted the living room and improved it.

These:
He painted the living room and blew it.
He painted the living room and declined it.
He painted the living room and decreased it.
He painted the living room and demoted it.
He painted the living room and depressed it.
He painted the living room and descended it.
He painted the living room and deteriorated it.
He painted the living room and diminished it.
He painted the living room and dropped it.
He painted the living room and halted it.
He painted the living room and hindered it.
He painted the living room and hurt it.
He painted the living room and lessened it.
He painted the living room and lost it.
He painted the living room and lowered it.
He painted the living room and receded it.
He painted the living room and repressed it.
He painted the living room and retreated it.
He painted the living room and retrogressed it.
He painted the living room and stopped it.
He painted the living room and corrupted it.
He painted the living room and damaged it.
He painted the living room and destroyed it.
He painted the living room and dirtied it.
He painted the living room and dulled it.
He painted the living room and polluted it.
He painted the living room and ruined it.
He painted the living room and weakened it.
He painted the living room and harmed it.
He painted the living room and injured it.
Don't sound quite right.

This is possible:
He painted the living room and worsened it.

He painted the living room and made it worse.

Its stupid to demand and single word.

How can you write "and" instead of "a"?

Just a typo auto corrected, stupid.

What did you type instead of a to get something that your computer thought was and?

And you don't use autocorrect, or there wouldn't be errors in every single sentence you write.

And a single word is more concise

But doesnt work as well for most real
world situations as the other single words.

It would if we had the right words.

and more efficient

Bull**** it is when you have to hunt around for
days to find the single word that doesnt work
as well in almost every real world situation.

than three. Would you buy a car that used 3 gallons instead of 1?

Stupid question, stupid.

I'll take that as a no, so why use 3 words instead of 1?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.usage.english

newsp.0js1601ewdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

any other close letter except s

And you don't use autocorrect,

Yes I do.

or there wouldn't be errors in every single sentence you write.

Thats another bare faced lie.

And a single word is more concise

But doesnt work as well for most real
world situations as the other single words.

It would if we had the right words.

There is no right single world for most real world
situations and it makes no sense to spend days
finding the right one instead of using two words that
work for almost all real world situations in seconds.

and more efficient

Bull**** it is when you have to hunt around for
days to find the single word that doesnt work
as well in almost every real world situation.

than three. Would you buy a car that used 3 gallons instead of 1?

Stupid question, stupid.

I'll take that as a no,

Yep, you actually are that stupid.

so why use 3 words instead of 1?

Because you can do that in seconds instead of ****ing days against
the wall finding a single word that doesnt work as well.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.usage.english

wrote:

[...]

Is this a guessing game?

And you don't use autocorrect,

Yes I do.

or there wouldn't be errors in every single sentence you write.

Thats another bare faced lie.

You have told me in the past you prefer to spell things logically rather than correctly.

And a single word is more concise

But doesnt work as well for most real
world situations as the other single words.

It would if we had the right words.

There is no right single world for most real world
situations and it makes no sense to spend days
finding the right one instead of using two words that
work for almost all real world situations in seconds.

Yet you're spending hours replying to me on the subject.

and more efficient

Bull**** it is when you have to hunt around for
days to find the single word that doesnt work
as well in almost every real world situation.

than three. Would you buy a car that used 3 gallons instead of 1?

Stupid question, stupid.

I'll take that as a no,

Yep, you actually are that stupid.

So yes then. Why do you buy such inefficient cars?

so why use 3 words instead of 1?

Because you can do that in seconds instead of ****ing days against
the wall finding a single word that doesnt work as well.

Not if you're writing a book.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.usage.english

newsp.0js7c3t5wdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

Nope. a fact.

And you don't use autocorrect,

Yes I do.

or there wouldn't be errors in every single sentence you write.

Thats another bare faced lie.

You have told me in the past you prefer to spell things logically rather
than correctly.

But that doesnt see one of those in every sentence
you pathetic excuse for a lying bull**** artist.

I wasnt the one constructing that sentence, ****wit.

and more efficient

Bull**** it is when you have to hunt around for
days to find the single word that doesnt work
as well in almost every real world situation.

than three. Would you buy a car that used 3 gallons instead of 1?

Stupid question, stupid.

I'll take that as a no,

Yep, you actually are that stupid.

So yes then.

Yep, you actually are that stupid.

Why do you buy such inefficient cars?

I dont.

so why use 3 words instead of 1?

Because you can do that in seconds instead of ****ing days against
the wall finding a single word that doesnt work as well.

Not if you're writing a book.

Even if you are writing a book.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.usage.english

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 09:29 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER SEVEN HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 09:29:40 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' latest troll**** unread

--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rodent Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rodent: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rodent: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rodent Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rodent Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.usage.english

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 12:08 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost TEN HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 12:08:50 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' latest troll**** unread

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between the two resident idiots:

Birdbrain: "But imagine how cool it was to own slaves."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, right. Feed them, clothe them, and fix them when
they're broken.
After all, you paid good money for them. Then you've got to keep an eye
on them all the time."

Birdbrain: "Better than having to give them wages on top of that."

Senile Rodent: "Specially when they make more slaves for you
and produce their own food and clothes."

MID: